1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camping at the Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kriegart, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriegart

kriegart Member

I have a camping space available with electric and sewer that I'm not using for the Buckeye and Cardinal Classics. Email me for more info. Art

2. kriegart

kriegart Member

3. kriegart

kriegart Member

4. kriegart

kriegart Member

5. kriegart

kriegart Member

6. kriegart

kriegart Member

7. kriegart

kriegart Member

http://www.cardinalcentercamp.com/

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Can some "local" folks tell us about good restaurants near Cardinal?

9. kriegart

kriegart Member

10. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

It there any lodging at the same exit ?

11. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Good restaurant at the Center as you go in. Plenty of hotels within 10-15 miles some closer.

Rock

Jim

12. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

10 miles north or south on the freeway are plenty of food and hotel places. Columbus is 20 miles to the 270/71 exit you can check a map. 2 exits is Polaris center shopping center mall with anything you ever would like to eat. In the town of Marango there is a Chinese/Mexican restaurant/bar and an ice cream place but that is about all that that town has and it is about 5 miles away. They have good food at the shooting grounds along with a pool and play ground for the kids. There is a BBQ cookout on Friday of the state shoot for about 3 to 5 dollars -not sure check the program at www.ohiotrap.com

13. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Cannot add any more motel / food info. than has already been provided.

All I can say is "GO"...........

Trust me -- you will not be disapppointed. This is one PREMIER facility !

14. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Just don't expect to hang out in the clubhouse to eat and visit with your friends, no room, no tables.....kids can fish, adults cannot....every year we have gone, we have set up the camper in the rain and put up with the mud in the campground.

15. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

Karla: I would consider deleting your post if I made my living off of trapshooters...you just shot an arrow into the heart of the trapshooting world-not a good play from the marketing side of your business. Your post rings of the old "Sparta vs. Cardinal" debate and no one on this thread was going there.

FYI, in addition to the 12 new trapsfields and laundromat, Cardinal is in the process of building another new buidling just for hanging with your friends and eating-tables and all! It will be located just west of the current pavilion. Terry

16. Don S

Don S Member

Is there some reason we must say only good things about the Cardinal Center?

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Don S,

Not unless you are the one who makes a living teaching and trapshooting, then a little common sense should be applied ... I'd bet no fault is found when the checks roll in rain or no rain ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. trapwife

First of all, I don't make my living off trapshooting. I make a life around trapshoots, but don't depend on it to eat, etc. Second, I didn't say anything that wasn't absolutely true...someone must agree with me since they are building a clubhouse. Sorry if I bruised anyone's feelings, I enjoy all the gun clubs we go to, because if I didn't, we wouldn't go back. No one told me only good things could be said about the Cardinal Center, guess being honest isn't for the faint of heart.

19. m629

m629 TS Member

Karla You are wrong about adults fishing in the pond I have fished there for the last 3 years and so have other adults. As far as the rain we havent figured it out yet how to control it yet.

20. trapwife

We struggle with rain in Linn Creek too, so if you figure out how to control it, let us know. The mud I got tired of came from a waterline that hadn't been buried yet, it leaked and never dried up. I talked to the camping office and nothing happened that year, it will probably be fixed by now. Glad to hear they have changed the fishing rules, last time I asked(year before last) about fishing I was told it was only for the kids. Will the new clubhouse be ready for the state shoot? Hope so....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.