1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

campgrounds near sparta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brantman, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brantman

brantman TS Member

need a campgroung near sparta for the grand. anybody use one last year,would be appreciated

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I was going to call the WRC about camping during the Grand, but they are only open Wed. 10-6 and Thurs. 10-9.

Does anyone know if it is hard to get a camp site with power, water, and sewer?

3. Stuart

Stuart Member

Brantman, I was at the complex last week and saw a camping sign at a house across from the complex. I will be back up there tomorrow and get a phone number for you. Send me your phone # or email and I'll get back to you.
    Stu Wright
    wrightsinc@gmail.com

4. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

I guess Troy Potts, the man who was in charge of all the spots last year, is not handling it this year. I was told that there is a list, had them add my name, and I was told that as soon as they have someone to handle the RV spots they will be contacting me. So get your name on the list, but I think this will be electric only. My 2 cents worth.

5. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

Brantman, I am looking for one also as I don't want to camp on the grounds. I started a thread on this issue a couple of months ago and no one knew of any. I will make a few calls tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

This is a crock. You would think they would have an email address that you could send a reservation to.

7. Stuart

Stuart Member

Brantman,
    Here are some phone numbers for you. Going west on county road 18 there is a sign at the first house on the right for trailer spots # 618-972-2220.
    In the gas station in Tilden are two more ads for trailer spaces. #'s 618-587-2192 Iron Horse and 618-443-2988.
    Their is a large constriction job going on 5 miles north of Tilden with about 2500 workers. Their are many staying in trailers at the WSRC. I believe they have to be out at Grand time so trailer spots are going to dry up quickly.
    Stu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.