1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camper

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by C Prince, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Hello all! I am getting a camper for this years grand and just want to know what I should take with me? The little things are important like TP, Grill, Plate and silverware. What else should be included? Your info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Chad,

Did you buy or rent a camper? If you rented, who did you go with? I am wanting to rent also.

Matt

3. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

First thing - make sure the fridge works, then buy the beer.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Almost everything you'll need can be bought in Sparta or on the grounds. There will be a vendor there selling all sorts of camper needs. Last year they were located at the eastern vendor row.

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Chad, congrats on going in the camper. You will need a verified camping spot if you haven't gotten one already. It depends on how much you want to camp or hook everything up to the utilities so you just move your small home to Sparta. They have sites that have 50 amp service and septic hookups with a water hookup or ones with electric only. I don't know if any other combination is available. Call the DNR and get the number off the Sparta website. Good luck and take your mosquito repellant with deet. Dan

6. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Experience will become your best teacher. Unfortunately -- you will have to make a trip or two wherein you do NOT take something along, to realize just how much is actually required to make trailer camping as pleasureable as it can be.

Some of my buddies and squadmates often joke that I have more gear, supplies and food in my trailer than many small countries. However -- you can guess where they come, as soon as they've realized that there was something they forgot to pack !! *smiles*

I like to divide my essentials into lists. First -- I start with my actual shooting gear, i.e. guns, shells, shooting bag, vests, jackets, raingear, gloves, hats, cleaning equipment, etc, etc..............

My second list comprises my food and drink. Only YOU know what your meal plans are going to involve. Since I do all of my own cooking, I have nearly the same items in my trailer that I have in my kitchen at home. This can get REALLY involved and expensive, so plan and prepare well in advance of your trip. You had made mention of plates, but did you consider grated Parmesan cheese - or olive oil or bread crumbs ?

I think you get the idea....................

My third list includes my paper & plastic essentials, i.e. plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, the venerable TP, drinking straws, knives, forks, spoons, etc, etc.............

The next list is my tools. You will be surprised at how often you will need wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, duct tape, clamps, extension cords, a flashlight, drill & bits, rubber mallet..................the list is never-ending. Again -- experience will teach you what to bring. This is one special area where I find my camper being the "do you have a....?" place to borrow from. *smiles*

The key is to be PREPARED. Whether you actually use a particular tool or device is irrevelant.

My next list includes my clothing and personal gear. This list includes everything from socks to deodorant to medicines to.........WHATEVER. As with every previous list, YOU are the one who knows best what you require to be comfortable.

By making lists, you will be more organized than trying to pack from memory - no matter how experienced a camper you become. It also gives you the ability to shift or move items between the lists, depending on what a particular item means to your personal situation. Keep them on your computer for future reference and refinements. This allows you to add / delete / update as you deem necessary.

I hope this has been of some use & help to you, as a novice camper at a shooting tournament. The real key is to try your best to replicate whatever you like to have at your disposal, should you be at home. After all -- trailer camping is far-removed from "a tent and a pack of matches" type of existance.

I know that we absolutely love our trailer, and we have a great time - whether it be just the two of us, or if we are entertaining fellow shooters after a day of friendly competition. You may come to realize, as we have - the actual shooting isn't the fun part of this game, anymore................

7. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Matt,

Being in the Military, I am renting it through my local Services agency on base. Keep the answers coming.

Chad

8. pa pete

pa pete Member

If you have something you think you might need and you have room for it, take it! Remember if you do not have it, it may as well not exist! "I have one of those back home." So?
    "Pete" McDonough

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Wally World is only a few miles from the club, you can probably get anything you forget there. Dominos pizza is near by as well, and a couple fast food places, all up near wally world. A GPS is a good idea in the area. My buddy and I ended up on some military access road when going from the club to wally world one day, thanks to my GPS LOL. Strange thing was we went back to walmart again, and it took us a different route...

10. RAScott

RAScott Member

Spare tire. that is a big one and a jack. we went last year my buddy blew a tire. all you shooting stuff. water and food, cold cut to take to the range you could be about a mile away or more and you may not be avble to go back depending on your squading.
    Depending on where you are coming from you can camp overnite @wally world if need be. Very nice trip enjoy.

Bob S

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

fly swatter - flashlight - rope - duct tape - first aid kit - rubber gloves (for messing with poopy stuff) - make sure the tv is ready for digital - fishing stuff - lawn chairs - coffee pot - tools - mosquito repellant bug spray - soap - cook grill - camper's TP - batteries - radio - extra keys - phone - perscription meds

12. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

spare tire. make sure you have a wrench big enough to get the lug nuts off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.