1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

camper awning replacement

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clayman51, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayman51

clayman51 Member

I am getting ready to replace the pull out awning (A&E brand) on my camper.I have looked at several web pages on replacement awnings, how to ect...

Has anyone on here replaced their awning? I am looking for the best replacement awning and where to buy from. If you have done it yourself, any tips on how to go about it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Dennis

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If the hardware is still in good shape ... go to your local RV Supply store and have them replace the fabric.

Trying to do it yourself is an exercise in futility!

Getting the fabric into the grooves requires 2 men and a boy ... plus you can break your fingers trying to wind up the spring without the correct tools and experience.

3. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Member

I just had one put on, they charged 2 hours labor. I helped my son put one on two years ago and the spring just about broke my arm. Let an RV store do it.

4. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

As stated above, best to let someone who knows what they are doing do the work. Probably cost less in the end and if it doesn't work right, you can always take it back and make them fix it!

A big outfit like Camping World is the best bet. Easier to deal with on the back side if it comes up!

Been there done that!

Randy

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Definitely shooting related...........

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Make sure there is proper blocking behind he attachment points. Also, I had a problem with my AE awning coming apart at night in a big wind...unfurled about two feet. Dodged that bullet; no damage. Make sure that the awning is always in locked position and secure with velcro around the handles as a precaution.

Yes, this is about shooting; get the awning to do damage etc. and you will consider shooting the rv or the awning!!

7. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Chango2,

Thanks for the advice and all others. Since the shooting season is about over for us. I will probably take the camper into the dealer and have them install the new fabric. Then when spring rolls around we will be ready for the new shooting season. Nothing like having a camper when going to shoots.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.