1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camped at Sparta Tuesday Nite

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Was working in Southern Illinois on Tuesday, calling on accounts. After stopping by to see Stu Wright in Pinkneyville around 4:30 I asked him if the campgrounds were open at the WSRC. He called someone named Chris who oversees the complex and he invited me to camp there. Drove in and parked and never saw a sole after that. The place really looks good. With all the rain, things are really growing in. Not a lick of trash anywhere. Neat as a pin! Wednesday morning was a beehive of activity as I drove out. City workers were there flushing and clorinating water lines. Saw several other utility workers in various areas. Didn't drive up on the east trap line to see if they had done anything on the proposed trolly drive between the trap line and the parking area. I was 10 miles down the road when I thought about it. Anyways, Stu told me they have 7 major shoots scheduled there for this year. Just an update. Thanks WSRC for the comp on the camping spot. I appreciate it very much.

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Steven,

Hadn't seen you on here for a while, glad to see you are still kicking.

ed.

3. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

On the road again. Working my way towards San Antonio for the SW Grand. Looking forward to it. It's been a long winter.

4. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

And you mean you didn't catch cholera, starve from the lack of eating establishments, get harassed by cops or molested by hillbillys?

I'm absolutely shocked!

I thought Sparta was at the end of the earth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.