1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camp Site Needed At Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by starfix, Jul 17, 2013.

1. starfix

starfix Member

OK, just going to through this out there. I have called the ATA to ask if they had camping site's avalible. I was told they only have electric site's avalible now @ $485.00 for the entire Grand. I only need a site for the Grand week only. Is there anybody that has a campsite that's not planning to go this year that will rent to me for the week of the Grand. Please PM if interisted. Thanks, Bob Caplinger

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

3. cwatt

cwatt TS Member

We have camp sites very close to the complex and pistol city restaurant. Everyone that has stayed there is very pleased. 618 758 3029 Cwatt

4. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call Mike at K-River Motel.His full service spots are $30.00 per night...KS-OKIE.

5. zinger

zinger Member

I have a premium spot for $450 for entire Grand in the North Loop. I sent you a pm if interested. Kim Bateman

6. zinger

zinger Member

it's too bad the ATA won't compromise and help out the lease holders by renting out their spots and forwarding the money. They rent out the premium spots for $625 and have the opportunity to make $175-$200. It's a win win situation. Each year I see so many empty camping spots that could be rented if there was an incentive for the lease holders. Each year all I hear is people saying they've called the ATA and were told there were no spots left, all filled up but we all know it's not true....JMO

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Zinger, you hit the nail on the head. The ATA could, with just a little effort, help folks with sites that they can't use for a shoot. After the regular sites are sold, there can't be any reason that the ATA could not offer sites such as yours to people...Opps, wait a minute, it would require some extra effort and paper work.

What a nice gesture it would be for the organization to help out their members.

Dave

8. zinger

zinger Member

Yep, just one more reason the ATA should look to the PSSA for guidance...whoops, I forgot, they already had that opportunity!

9. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

Is it the ATA's fault that the Lease Holder does not let their spot loose for the Grand when they know that they are not attending. I believe many of these spots are Leased for 10 yrs and those shooters do not participate on this forum. Who's fault is that, The ATA. We had to let the ATA know which shoots we were going to attend months ago.

10. Tenna Griffin

Tenna Griffin TS Member

Definately interested! Can you call me? 870-215-1965
    Thanks

11. zinger

zinger Member

Sorry Tenna, I rented the spot already.

12. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you should be seeking advise from PSSA on how to run a campground. :confused:

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If the ATA wants attendance to be max, they could make an attempt to keep the sites full. Especially full service sites. There are a variety of reasons why lease holders can't make it. Why not assist filling the spots? Everyone wins!

The camping manager could keep a list.