1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

camp site for ren in elysburg

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBIRD, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBIRD

JBIRD TS Member

i have a campsite for rent in elysburg for all major shoots there this year. it is on the lower campground sites,pull through lot with lots of room. please contact me through email at richmondhill@epix.net if interested

2. JBIRD

JBIRD TS Member

bump

3. J.D.Shaeffer

J.D.Shaeffer TS Member

could i rent it for the Pa. state ? And how much??

4. JBIRD

JBIRD TS Member

want to rent it for the whole year.

5. acre44

acre44 Member

why are you not going to PA this year? Best run shoot and facility this side of Sparta.

6. JBIRD

JBIRD TS Member

i love to shoot, but it is just getting ridiculous on the prices shells, targets, and supporting the pro's that aren't amateurs.
    plus my wife and i are saving for are dream hunt to alaska this year
    look out harliquin's and goldeneye's

7. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Jbird, I have a guy who will probally take the site. I will have him contact you Monday. Todd

8. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Just this morning, I had the very same discussion with my wife........

Like you - we are considering relinquishing our camper spot at Elysburg for this shooting season.

The financial impact of shooting four tournaments there is probably more than my household budget can handle this year, given a dramatic reduction in Box 1 on my W-2 for 2007. lol.

We are still pondering whether to try renting it out to another shooter, or to just use it for camping. I will probably make my decision within a few weeks.

It's sad, but the numbers do not lie. A shooter who is planning to complete every event in all four tournaments (4,900 targets) will incur an expense of $1,225.00 - simply for targets. This same shooter will also use 196 boxes of shells. If we use even $4.50 per box as a starting point for ammunition, there is an additional expense of $882.00. A total of 18 different days over the course of the summer shooting season adds $72.00 in ATA fees to the tab.

A few quick pushes of a calculator button produces a total fee of $2,179.00. And this is for a "targets only" shooter. There is no provision for the example shooter to win any prize money that is based upon playing options. He has also not eaten or drank anything ; has not put any fuel in his vehicle, or purchased anything from any of the many vendors who visit the grounds at these tournaments.

I certainly am not "pointing the finger" at the P.S.S.A. It is merely the only shoot program that I have at my disposal at this time. And they do run an excellent shoot. That cannot be denied. I'm just trying to put some hard numbers to what we all know is going to be the ultimate cause - if shooter attendance suffers this summer.

9. perazzitmxshooter

perazzitmxshooter Member

would you consider renting out your spot for the pa state shoot only.
    due to work schedules this will be the only shoot I could attend.

Doug

10. JBIRD

JBIRD TS Member

as of today i have a committment for the lot. but if there is nothing in the mail by next monday i will repost
    thanks to all that have responded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.