1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camp Lejeune Trap&Skeet complex

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barkingspider21, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Just returned from our annual Turkey day trip to N.C. I have been waiting nearly 2 years for the Trap&Skeet complex to open on Camp Lejeune. It was worth the wait, the facilities are absolutely great, and that includes the staff as well. There are only 2 trap fields but both are among the best I have shot over, the background, as far as I am concerned is the best, nice green pines about 150 yards from the 16 yard line, we shot 18 rounds over 4 days and never waited more than 20 minutes for a field, they have rental guns, Ruger Red Labels, ammo from several manufacturers,also have several skeet fields, 5 stand and an archery range. If you are interested in pics just email me and I will send them to you. Oh yeah, prices for ammo are not expensive and you can but a card for 10 rounds of trap or skeet for $45.00, the fields work on a token system and you get 28 targets per round Here is one pic so you can get an idea of the background Enjoy. Wody Sullivan
    70yonewbie_2009_180913.jpg

2. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Nice, I see you have one of Tex's bags; also nice.
    Rick

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Hopefully that'll keep some of the young folks out of Jville. :) Looks nice, too bad they didn't clear the trees out to 200 yards for the future.

4. archangel

archangel Member

My son and I shot at the old field. Hope to try it when we visit him, (if he is still stationed there). Looks real nice. mike

5. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

Woody thanks for the info.Great news, I've been waiting for the traps to open, by the way are those your Merrell sneaker's and green pull over or mine. That pull over is how I survive up here in the North, land, when not in Emerald Isle.
    Anything new about getting on the base.
    Smoke-em Fraz

6. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Yup, sneakers are Merrells Gore Tex and the green wind shirt is from Silver Dollar Club over in Odessa. Main Gate has been moved a bit further down the road but the procedure for entry is still the same. Turn off to thr trap fields is just about 1/2 mile down the road from the gate. Woody

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Last time I carried a shotgun at Camp LeJeune was 49 years ago this month.
    Ithaca Model 37, guard duty at some middle of nowhere ammo dump. :>)
    Would like to go back there someday to shoot again, but at their trap field this time.

8. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

JBMI, I got ya beat, I left there from Recon on Dec 27th 1962, went back to the Navy for a tour of shore duty. Recon was just about the best duty I had till I went to Hawaii in 1972 for my twilight cruise, retired in 1976. Woody

9. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Camp Lejeune will host the Armed Forces Skeet Championships 13-17 May next year. Glad to hear they have such nice facilities.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I went squirrel and deer hunting at Camp Lejeune when I was stationed there in 1964. Hunted with an old pump 1897 Winchester, I checked out from special services.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My last visit was 1962 when I completed my last three months of boot camp at PI then on to Lejeune. The sand fleas were very bad. LOL Semper Fi

12. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Which Bn was that ctreay?

13. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

How many skeet fields?

14. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Skeetman, I believe there are 5 or 6 skeet fields and 5 stand too.

15. mike calkins

mike calkins TS Member

my daughter is in the navy and is a surgical tech at the hospital there. going to nursing school and soon to be an officer. Hoping to get down to see her and her husand and new baby soon and would enjoy shooting at the range. what is the procedure for getting gun and ammo onto the base? Mike

16. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

If you don't have a decal on your vehicle you will need to get a visitors pass at the gate. I am retired military and I have a decal so I just drove on in with all my stuff in the car. Woody

17. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Ah the wonderful memories of the Corps, but no one ever mentions Yamassee, the railroad station for Parris Island, 1956, the Atlantic Coastline tain from Richmond dropped us off there at 0200, the D.I.s were instantly all over us, and I tried to get back on the train but it was already moving too fast for me get aboard.

18. mooney

mooney Member

ReconDoc, Where did you get your EGA pouch. That looks like some beautiful work. Semper Fi Doc. E. Glenn Wedding 0351, L/Cpl, USMC 68-69.

Mooney-Glenn Wedding

19. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

I worked all over Lejuene..had some fun times at the skeet and trap fields. The stupid paint ballers used to piss us off while we were shooting... hopefully they went away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

camp lejeune shooting complex

camp lejeune skeet
camp lejeune skeet range

camp lejeune skeet shooting

trap shooting at camp lejeune