1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camero or Corvette?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Gavin, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Thinking about a new car. Can't decide between the new Camero or Corvette. Any fans of either here?
    thanks
    Gavin

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Mustang!

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If money is not an object why would you buy a Camaro? Kind of like choosing a Browing vs. a Perazzi. Are we having a mid-life crisis:). Hey, you only go around once, if I could afford it I'd buy the Corvette.

Robert

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Kinda depends if it's just You and the SO...

a passel of lil ones fits better in the C'mero

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mustang x2.

Why support Obama's Government Motors?

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

SL 600, go first class, after you shot a high end gun--you'll know there is no substitute. If you're u nder 25 get the Camaro, under 45 get the vette, 55+ get the Benz--anything less yo can't impress people who know.

Phil Berkowitz

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ask any Mustang driver what the tailights of a Camero look like and they will ask you what year! Lol. 315hp vs 426hp = no contest.

As far as modern day muscle cars, the Camero is a pretty good value. The 426hp LS engine should be a lot of fun.

The standard 'vette engine is about the same horsepower, but a much more refined sports car.

I would also have to look at a new CTS-V if I was going to spend that kind of money. There's something about a 550hp sedan blowing the doors off of some kid and his tuner car that makes me smile.

ss

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Didn't Mustang kill the Camaro/Firebird once?

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I like Fords. I drive a Ford. If I could afford it I would drive a Corvette. No substitutes. A Corvette all the way. Mustang and Camaro are a very poor substitute for a real sports car. Just my opinion.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Like Brian said -- why help Government Motors? Are you trying to encourage government takeovers of business? Buy from a company that doesn't have its hand in your pocket.

I'm coming up on my 30th consecutive, and final year of GM ownership. They can shove their vehicles (especially the foreign made Chevys like mine), and the hundreds of points on my cancelled GM credit card. Never again.

-Gary

11. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I would take a look at the CTS V. blows both the corvette and camero away and sounds awesome!

12. turmite

turmite Member

I wouldn't get either. If I could afford the Vette, I would swing for one of these for a few $$ more.

Mike

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

That car reminds me of the 50's Studebaker.

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

How about BMW's Mach 5??? 500 hp. V-10 motor in a smooooooth riding sedan w/ all the bells and whisles. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bucket seats even have air bladders in the sides of them that inflate and deflate as your cornering at high G's. Abit more than the Corvette though. LOL Break-em all. Jeff

15. docl

docl TS Member

I have owned a Z06 Corvette but couldn't live with the lack of quality fit and finish. The things I liked, the suspension and cornering, very good but for me everything else that probably doesn't matter to most I couldn't live with. I was spoiled by a friends Porsche regarding the build quality. I do my own basic service work, just one look under the Corvette with the screws and bolts that GM used looked like something you would see used on an old farm tractor, pitiful. I would look at things and say: "Come on guys you can do better than this". I agree with Phil Berkowitz, Mercedes SL 600 very nice.The same friend had a SL 600 AMG, an amazing car and now owns a Bugatti Veyron, I digress. I even with all the build quality issues hope GM or another American company continues to build the Corvette, I just hate to see something else made in America finished. Lewis Lyons

16. thunder

thunder Active Member

Back in the real days along came the real power called MOPAR. The 426 Hemi, 440 six pack and the 383 Magnum in the Chargers, Challengers, Roadrunners, ect they ruled the day in my neighborhood.

I remember when it was Saturday night burnout time on main street. Thought it was time to enlighten everyone about all those fun days, wish we could get those times back again. Man those were the days.

I'm sure the Fords and Chevy boys will burn this one.

Merry Christmas everyone,
    Andy

17. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Never enough room for all of my toys in my Corvette. You will get noticed in the Camaro. Ron

18. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You can buy a jewel like this 500 HP AMG for around 37K (2006) Absolutely an unbeliveable ride. Will toast all but the Rauch and Cobra Mustangs! The governor is set at 145mph! I do suggest the Calibre radar and laser detector/jammer if you go this route, it will save you some tickets! Bob

19. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The supercharger on top will light up the tires like a rail job! Although the $1600 sneakers from Michelin don't give up traction easily! Just don't let your wife drive it ... mine did and instant ticket! Not a happy lady. Of course it was the cars fault!

20. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

used Ferrari F550. About the same price as a new Corvette; MUCH nicer car.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.