1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera repair.... Anyone ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by locdoc, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locdoc

locdoc Member

Any one up to a challenge ? ?

I have KODAK Easy Share DX4330 3.1 mp camera that is not working and has never worked the way it should. for example; It ( ni cad battery pack ) would never take a charge from the camera dock. Download from the dock, OK. It would work OK with fresh AA's and took good pics. Now the lens no longer retracts when it is powered down. Also, it will power down when you try to operate the wide/telephoto button and the lens is always out. Any camera techs out there that want a challenge?

I am open to suggestions and or offers up to and including " pay the freight and take it off my hands".

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

It's worth a call to this guy, Edward. He's a "friggin genius" and factory trained. He may at least work a deal for a trade; your camera for parts and send you something serviceable for a few bucks. Your camera sounds old and maybe not worth repairing, but Edward has great deals on "better" used stuff and may give you a few bucks for your broken camera. Worth the call!!!

EDWARD F.G. WONG WHILTON CAMERA

Work: 626-796-4037

1170 East Colorado Blvd.
    Pasadena, California 91106

3. Joe G. NJ

Joe G. NJ TS Member

I have the Kodak P880 camera. I realy like the camera but recently it started acting up. When I turn it on it will power up, but if my finger even goes near the on off switch it breaks contact and the camera shuts off. I must shut the switch off and turn it back on.

Well anyway, I contacted kodak.com and asked about servicing it, they said it would cost $150.00 to fix. You go on the site and fill out a questionaire form and they give you a service number. So far I haven't sent it back yet. I may just live with the aggrevation and get another camera some day.

Joe G.

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

Chango2,

The KODAK is about 5 years old. Sent the dock back once to no avail. Just recently bought a Canon Power Shot w/7.1 mp. Thanks for the info re: Edward in CA.

My thought was that if anyone here knew of anyone looking to get into camera repair then this could be a low cost/no cost training project.

All info and suggestions are appreciated.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Joe, With the price of camera's really coming down, I'd just go buy yourself another one.

For under $200.00 you can get a heck of a camera now a days.

Hauxfan!

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Hey Doug, good advice from above.....the camera is not worth getting it fixed, for under $200 you can get a great little 10.1 MPXL at Sams Club. You be amazed at how good the pics will be- Frank C.

Re the previos question about troubleshooting it.....I would have no trouble shooting it.....7.5's or 8's???

7. DJM

DJM Member

I sent mine to a Nikon repair center. $150 estimate for the repair. No way! I sold the camera & accessory kit on E-bay for $17. List it for parts or repair.

8. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Yup, the others are right, buy a new one, it will cost as much to fix as it will to buy a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.