1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Camas prairie shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by miketmx, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Hey Dave, are they gonna use Bios for all their shoots including the WA state shoot ? See you at the Hoppie Shoot.

2. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Take it to Spokane!

3. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

Or take it any place that throws NON BIO targets. Big mistake for any club throwing BIO's for registered target events.
    Just say'in.............

4. C-Money

C-Money Member

We had a lot of weird targets, weird angles, broken targets, and wobblers thrown during handicap on Friday. I figured it was a trap (traps) issue. Could this be from the Bio targets?

5. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

I am new to the game and I have heard complaint after complaint about the bio's. I have not heard anyone complain about the performance of the old style targets. That tells me something. I am aware of at least two clubs in NE Oregon that have decided to use nothing but the old targets in the future.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I tried to buy targets and was told that there are no non Bios right now and wont be until at least May? It seems that they are out of pitch to make them with

7. C-Money

C-Money Member

I guess I would have never known the difference without seeing this thread. When they left the house right, they flew and broke just fine.

8. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

One of the clubs I shoot at uses the Bio's. The only difference, is a white cloud of smoke instead of a black cloud of smoke when hit. When missed, they are exactly the same! I think it's is in the shooters head more than the pitch of the targets.

Tomas

9. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

We have had good luck with bio's but have found that our GMV machines have to be adjusted differently to throw good targets and you have to throw one or the other if you mix bio's and pitch you will get erratic targets.Jerry

10. Lyle

Lyle Member

How was the attendance at this shoot? When I first started shooting in 93 this shoot was held in Lewiston, Idaho and had in excess of 100 squads. I played the 25 options on a windy day and got 140 dollars for a 25.

Last I knew, the attendance has been way down. Some of the Southern Idaho shooters I know don't attend because if you are not part of the "Camas Pairie" you do not qualify for the trophies. Is this still the case?

Lyle

11. glenns

glenns Member

Might have been 40 squads on Friday but closer to 50-60 on the weekend.

12. R_Shrode

R_Shrode TS Member

I remember a 12yr old that won the main handicap with a 99 one year and never got a trophy because he wasn't a member.

I'm sure he's over that by now .........................

13. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he was over it when he cashed his check ;o) Jerry

14. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I never forget trophies won. I ran a 200 one year and got a rootbeer mug. The 12 oz variety. Never forgot. Still shoot there tho. This wasn't the Camas shoot.

Rick in MT

15. Calcutta John

Calcutta John TS Member

Rich Shrode,
    Was that 12 year old you? Hope to see you at the INland Empire. About $12,000.00 of added money.

16. Lyle

Lyle Member

Schrode,

Thank you for making my point.

Lyle

17. Mark Kurruk

Mark Kurruk Member

I would like to clear up some of the information on this thread. For close to 20 years there has been an out Out of Camas trophy for any non Camas shooter who either tied or broke the top score in the Championship events. This also included HAA and HOA.

This year all of the preliminary events were open, been that way for some time. Classes are all open in every Championship event. Out of Camas trophies were made for Out of CPTA winner and runn-up in all main events. The final handicap had both winner and runner- up non Camas as well as out of Camas veteran, sr veteran, lady, junior, and sub junior . High All Around and overall had nn Camas trophies for champion and runner-up with all specialty categories open.

Please request a program before assuming what trophies are available.

Thank you

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
2016 camas prairie program
camas p trap a
camas prairie shoot
camas prairie trap shoot

camas prairie trap shoot 2015

camas prairie trap shoot 2015 results
camas prairie trapshoot 2017