1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling Dr. Honk....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ink ball, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ink ball

ink ball Member

How did your inaugural outing with the new CG trap combo work out?

2. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Ink Ball,
    I never got to shoot the gun on Saturday. There was a mix up in the order and I will not get the gun for another two weeks.
    I'll let you know.

Dr. Honk

3. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Hey Ken,
    I should be getting the Guerini combo on Monday according to UPS. I've heard a lot of good things about the gun.
    I might shoot the Empire Grand on the last Saturday and/or Sunday depending on how the turkeys cooperate.
    Spring Turkey hunting is my favorite thing to do. Too bad the two events conflict.
    If I go I'll definitely bring the goose jerky.

Dr. Honk

4. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Inkball,

I received the Guerini combo on Monday and took it to my club for some POI testing.POI was shot from a rest at 13 yards

Out of the box, the unsingle shot 3 1/2 " high at 13 yards and both barrels of the over under shot 3 1/2 " high at 13 yards. Based on some of Neil's threads from the past, it appears to shoot some where between 70/30 and 80/20.

I am going to leave the OE barrels at that setting and shoot some doubles in two weeks. I did tweak the unsingle to shoot 4 1/2" high at 13 yards as this is where my BT-99 is set for singles and handicap.

I used factory 2 3/4 dram #8 Gun Club ammo. I also shot a few Nitro 27 3 dram loads to check recoil. The gun appears to fit good and the recoil was very tame, even with the 3 dram loads. I will have a better opinion on the recoil after shooting 100 targets or so.

Over all I was impressed with the fit and finish of the Summit Combo and the ease of adjustability on the comb hardware and the rib.

If you are interested, I will update you as I put some rounds through the gun.

Dr. Honk

5. ink ball

ink ball Member

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you are liking it so far. I'd enjoy hearing how it is working for you.

Thanks, Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.