1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Called a Sandbagger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MR870, Jun 26, 2013.

1. MR870

MR870 Member

I went to a great sporting clay shoot this past weekend in Erie Pa and won my class.On accepting my award the distinct cry of "Sandbagger" was called out.Upon turning to face my accuser another person tapped the caller on the shoulder and said"He shoots a pump!"The caller then looked at me and asked"Do you shoot a pump?"I said yes,just like Bill Mayer does,an 870 Express.Another person shouted out at the caller,"Imagine how many 870's he could buy with the 10k you spent on your K80?" Whipping all the big dollar guns with a Walmart special,,,,PRICELESS!!!!

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Cool story bro

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Congrats but to each his own.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've never shot many registered birds in sporting. Maybe 400 a year. The NSCA gave me a class reduction over the winter. I was back in my old class by May without shooting any sub gauge events. Subgauge events should not produce punches unless there are 20 shooters by class. Many shooters are getting punches by shooting against 6 people in their sub gauge class.

How can you ever earn a win or real punches when you move up in class in subgauge events? The NSCA has some issues they need to fix.

BTW, good for you. It's not the arrow, it's the indian. Pumps are fun.
    So are SxS's.

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I hear these things quite often, but I never see it. It always comes from someone building themselves up in their own mind due to class envy. So, I guess you would have to show me. BTW, what is your NSCA number? What "Class" are you talking about? How many people did you beat?

Setterman... If it's the Indian and not the arrow, how come the Indians lost?

6. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

And the white man isnt loosing to the mexicans?

7. Michael.B

Michael.B Member

re: If it's the Indian and not the arrow, how come the Indians lost?

Numbers and disease.

8. Bob M

Bob M Member

Tuesday night was our local 25-16 / 25-HC league shoot. One of our younger guys came in late and shot on about the next to the last squad with his field grade 870 Express. (He had forgotten about the shoot - New Dad.) He very calmly broke a 48/50, beat all the guys with Perazzis, Kolars, K-80s and 5s and headed for home. If it is your day...

Side note:
    It almost hurts me to watch Matt shoot that 870 with the field stock, but the two of them get along. I do miss shooting my old 870 TB. She slaps me in the face now that I have taken up with 'Vera', my K-80. 'A woman scorned...' I guess.

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

"And the white man isnt loosing to the mexicans?"

No, we're losing to the politicians!

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Amazing how many use this old tired story year after year after year...

Go to the Grand, shoot 3000 targets with your 870 against all those pguns, kguns, seitz,devault, etc ,post your scores and let us know how you did...

Otherwise, its just some more bs seeping over the boot tops.

11. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

reverse snobbery, just as irritating

12. BigM-Perazzi

Not snobbery, just an opinion on why so many use a gun designed for shooting large quantities of 12 gauge shells in a competitive environment. As most have figured out by now, the gun, not the body, needs to absorb the beating.

13. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

not your post BigM, the original post. I agree with you

14. BigM-Perazzi