1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California update on reduction ** PITA Update **

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cnjranch, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

California Shooters,

As you have all read there are many threads discussing the merits, opinions, and process for how the yardage reductions will take place. I have had several phone calls and conversations with California Shooters and members of the CGSTA Board.

At this time the ATA Shooter Information Center might display your new yardage. The ATA Staff has been working very hard to update the shooters who are eligible and provide a list to the State Delegates. Many of the Delegates in the other Zones have received the "Special Reduction" list with the shooters who are considered to be eligible. As of yet I, along with many other Western Zone Delegates have not received the list. We anticipate that we will receive the list in the upcoming week.

Please be patient with the process as there are possibly 20,000+ ATA Members who are eligible.

After I receives the list I will not just blindly concur and approve the list. I will look at each shooters information so I may make the best decision on behalf of each shooter while keeping in mind the integrity of the handicap system is a must. I will also confer with our Alternate Delegates, Dan Hoffman and David Kelly for input on this process.

After I review the reductions I will submit the list to the ATA Office and to the Central Handicap. Once the list has been approved or rejected the ATA Office will then send out new ATA cards displaying the new yardage.

I expect that the approval, printing of new cards, and mailing process will take a little time. As most of you know the rule book is pretty clear when it comes to shooting at a new yardage. The ATA Shooter Information Center is not used to handicap or classify a shooter. To shoot from a new yardage the shooter must have a new card in hand.

Any California Shooter who feels they should not take a reduction of two yards may refuse by contacting the ATA Office and myself. Please keep in mind at this time a shooter may also elect to take a one yard reduction instead of the two yards. If the shooter chooses to take the one yard reduction please email the ATA Office and me. If a shooter feels they were eligible for a reduction and did not receive one email me and I will look into it.

Thanks and Good Luck

James Hammond

California Delegate

2. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Mr.Hammond,

You did well with your explaination. He is dead on right.

Terry Dean CHC

3. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Mr. Dean

Happy New year to you and the other CHC Members. We have a lot of work to do and wish you guys the best.

Take Care

James

4. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

California Shooters,

As you have all read there are many threads discussing the merits, opinions, and process for how the yardage reductions will take place. I have had several phone calls and conversations with California Shooters and members of the CGSTA Board.

At this time the ATA Shooter Information Center might display your new yardage. The ATA Staff has been working very hard to update the shooters who are eligible and provide a list to the State Delegates. Many of the Delegates in the other Zones have received the "Special Reduction" list with the shooters who are considered to be eligible. As of yet I, along with many other Western Zone Delegates have not received the list. We anticipate that we will receive the list in the upcoming week.

Please be patient with the process as there are possibly 20,000+ ATA Members who are eligible.

After I receives the list I will not just blindly concur and approve the list. I will look at each shooters information so I may make the best decision on behalf of each shooter while keeping in mind the integrity of the handicap system is a must. I will also confer with our Alternate Delegates, Dan Hoffman and David Kelly for input on this process.

After I review the reductions I will submit the list to the ATA Office and to the Central Handicap. Once the list has been approved or rejected the ATA Office will then send out new ATA cards displaying the new yardage.

I expect that the approval, printing of new cards, and mailing process will take a little time. As most of you know the rule book is pretty clear when it comes to shooting at a new yardage. The ATA Shooter Information Center is not used to handicap or classify a shooter. To shoot from a new yardage the shooter must have a new card in hand.

Any California Shooter who feels they should not take a reduction of two yards may refuse by contacting the ATA Office and myself. Please keep in mind at this time a shooter may also elect to take a one yard reduction instead of the two yards. If the shooter chooses to take the one yard reduction please email the ATA Office and me. If a shooter feels they were eligible for a reduction and did not receive one email me and I will look into it.

Thanks and Good Luck

James Hammond

California Delegate

5. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Mr.Hammond,

You did well with your explaination. He is dead on right.

Terry Dean CHC

6. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Mr. Dean

Happy New year to you and the other CHC Members. We have a lot of work to do and wish you guys the best.

Take Care

James

7. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Tommy,

I have heard some discussion about PITA doing the same. I hope someone from PITA can add to the thread and let us all know. I will also try and confirm PITA's direction on the issue.

As you know if you are a member of PITA and ATA the shooter must shoot from their longest yardage know matter what. This rule is covered in the ATA rule book.

Take care, James

8. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I just looked at mine on the ATA site and they reduced mine even though I got a punch last month that was reflected on the ATA site just last week.....I'm in the western zone.

the rules clearly state according to

SECTION VI
    THE ATA HANDICAP SYSTEM

Section "F"

6. If a shooter earns yardage while a reduction is in process the reduction shall automatically be void.

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You didn't "earn yardage while a reduction was in process."

You earned yardage on December 10, 2011.

Your review was on January 5, 2012.

You can refuse it if you want.

10. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Terry,

How will classification be done next week at the "Dixie Grand"? It looks like some people will have their 2 yard reduction in hand and some will not.

Ron Burdick

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Ron, it's whatever the shooters current card says.

Hap

12. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

What about the people that have not paid there dues yet? Will they get a reduction when they pay there dues?

13. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

happytrapper,

That is a great question and something I don't have an answer to. As you know this is a new process and we will have to work for it. I will try to get an answer and post it here. I feel the reduction should be granted for a specific time period. Shooters in states that have bad weather are more affected than we are in California.

Thanks, James

14. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I vote James Hammond our new director for the ATA! He has supplied more information in one thread than the ATA in the 40 plus years I have been a member.

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Life members, whether active or non-active, are eligible for consideration.

The requirements for consideration are: paid members with a handicap average below their Zone break point.

All Life members are paid members.

16. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

WHAT SPACE GUN SAID!!!!!!!!!Joe W. Remember You Can NOT Shoot From Reduced Yardage UNLESS you have a NEW Card Showing The reduction.

17. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Scott,

Guess we need to discuss the members who have not joined. You being from a state that is affected by weather this is a huge concern for your shooters. I would venture to say a lot of your shooters put the shotguns up for winter activities and return in the spring to sign up for the ATA season

As I said California is fortunate that weather is great most of the year. I do know of a few shooters who join in the later part of the spring. I don't want them forgotten and will fight for them to receive the same benefit as others will.

I believe we need to talk about an end date and publish it so each member knows thirty or sixty days ahead of any cut off. This way they may at least join the ATA on line and be eligible for any reductions.

To all, we will work through this just give us a little time. The key is we must make it fair for all and not forget any shooter.

Thanks James

18. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

If the current reporting and posting system is correct at determining averages and reductions to handicap.

Why is there a need for an "Individual" to make the final decision? That opens up a world of arbitrary decisions based on one persons view.

If this is the case then the whole system is not correct.

19. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

391 Shooter,

All reductions are reviewed by the State Delegates and then the Central Handicap Committee. Just because you think you are eligible for a reduction does not make it so. You have to remember the computer is based on a standard of who is possibly eligible. There are many other factors that play into the reductions. This is a step to keep the integrity of the handicap system in tack.

Thanks, James

20. warren

warren Member

Does anybody know how this is going to effect the PITA handicap ?????

warren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.