1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California Trapshooting Hall of Fame History

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pres. 86, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

After reading BeltFed's posting of July 2, 2007, I think it would be helpful if I provided a capsulated overview of the California Trapshooting Hall of Fame and how it has evolved. Originally, the Hall of Fame was a committee made up of non-C.G.S.T.A. Directors with the exception of the Chairperson who was a C.G.S.T.A. Director that was appointed to that position by the President. The Secretary of the C.G.S.T.A. who was not a Board member at that time performed the Secretarial duties. The C.G.S.T.A. Treasurer was not a member of the Committee, but handled the H.O.F. money. I should point out that several of the early Committee members were not only great shooters of their time, but were also former Presidents and Directors of the State Association. The H.O.F. continued to function this way until 1991 when it was decided to separate the assets of the H.O.F. from the State Association and form a separate Corporation much like the ATA did with it's H.O.F. In 1992, all of the assets were tansferred to the new Corporation, which became the California Trapshooting Hall of Fame. The original 1992 By-Laws provided for the C.G.S.T.A. President and the Ex-Officio to be members of the C.T.H.O.F. Board. Sometime during the late 1990's the State Association announced that a new law had been enacted that prohibited anyone from serving on both Boards. Those positions were eliminated and that change has remained in effect to this day. It is important to note that many of us that were once Directors and Past Presidents of the State Association have continued to serve on the Board of the C.T.H.O.F. Also, could it be possible that the shooters in the Hall of Fame that you do not recognize began their shooting careers before you became involved in Trapshooting? On behalf of the C.T.H.O.F., I invite you to submit the names and shooting history of those California shooters that you feel should be...but are not currently in the H.O.F. Please feel free to contact the H.O.F. Secretary and she will be happy to forward the necessaary forms. For the record, there was never an official meeting between the C.T.H.O.F. and the outgoing President of the C.G.S.T.A.

Respectfully,
    Bob Gioia
    President C.T.H.O.F.

2. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

Bill:

Thank you very much for the kind words. The one that really deserves a great deal of credit and recognition for his efforts is Al. He works very hard all year long preparing for the longest week of the year.

Best Wishes,
    Bob Gioia

3. Pres. 86

Pres. 86 TS Member

Bob:

Thanks for confirming my statement. While there has been no official dialog between the State Association and the H.O.F. for quite a while, that does not mean there can never be. If you have a program in mind that you feel will benefit by both organizations working on it together, please let me know.

We will be having our annual meeting in December and I will be happy to bring it before the Board.

Bob Gioia

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.