1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California to Ban Lead bullets?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dustimall, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

I just read that California is proposing to ban lead bullets because a Condor and Golden Eagle died from lead poisoning , eating particles of lead from dead game.
    If that is the case, will it lead to banning lead shot, round lead bullets for Black Powder also?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

here ya go.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I didn't know bullets were allowed in Kalifornia in the first place.

-Gary

4. warren

warren Member

Expect more of the same kind of thing

warren

5. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

Yes, California has banned lead bullets in 8 counties already, now they want it state wide. Next they will go for lead shot, lead fishing weights,lead balls for Black Powder. Lead is Lead.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Ban lead. Use depleted uranium instead.

7. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

That idea won't work either, Brian. Everybody is going BAN Crazy, guns, ammo,Etc. What's next? Another question, The DHS has purchased 700 Million rounds of ammo, and are going to buy more, 1000 RDS. of ammo per person and the Army uses 100Rds per person, so if lead is going to be Illegal, they can't use it. So what do they do with it? Can't bury it, poisons the soil, can't dump it in the Ocean, pollutes the water,so what will they do?

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The newest laws in Califionia will allow cap guns only, nothing that can actually shoot a bullet will be allowed except for the criminals ... The criminals they interviewed said it would make their job a lot easier and much less dangerous ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. SBray

SBray Active Member

Yes, that is what we get to look at on the front page this morning! A bird gets a piece of lead in him and dies, so the whole state has to change.

I included a Sac Bee online summary of the news headlines which pretty much sums up this states foolish way of passing laws.

Special interest groups making up the laws, banning lead bullets, and diverting more water to southern California in pipes, at the expense of the farmers. (Of course I didn't see anything written about the high speed train costing millions of dollars.)

It kind of sums up how messed up this state has gotten.

Steve

10. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

This law is pure bullshit! They never proved that the led levels in condors were attributed to bullets. It was all speculation.

But since it wasa gun law they decided to pass it anyway, and Arnold being a complete dumbasss signed it.

Now they want to tweak the law to incompass the whole state.

Fish and Game says they don't want it, but after all how could they possibly know what's best for the animals better than people who never leave Redondo Beach?

We've beat this subject to death here but once again I will remind you that this kind BS is NOT isolated to CA. It is spreading to other states. See CO!

Stopping liberal insanity is the name of the game, and it starts by calling these people insane at every opportunity. Soon it will become the standard moniker for these people, but only if it is used enough.

Soros and Bloomberg are funding it. Eliminate them and the movement stops!

Randy

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

California to ban minority white anglo saxon Americans.

12. ajhiii07

ajhiii07 Member

life cause's cancer in california

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Just in case you have forgotten, These clowns have "college degrees"(government taught)of one kind or another.

Just because you have a "degree" IS NO guarantee that YOU have the ability to use that gray matter that holds your ears apart!!!!

Its about CONTROL people nothing MORE!!!!

You vote them in and leave them there, you get what holds their ears apart!!!

14. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

I think you got it wrong. The State was fine, until California's legislators's got on their White Horse, like Fienstien, and condemned Firearms, but let Fags go free, encourage Gay Marriage, have disrupted kids, then to turn Mentally Ill, living in that Rat Hole and it's spreading like wildfire. They let more Illegal people come to that State than any other in the Nation. No, No, they themselves are causing the Cancer in this Nation, because of the Liberal attitudes they have a right to, and will do everything to project that, on every American. They already declared Bank Failure in Sacramento, and many other counties. Why?. Because they can't afford the 6 million Illegals in that State, paying for Medical, Food Stamps and Welfare Payments to the people that file for it. Everything is Free........ Why Not?
    Now they want to Regulate Lead and it's uses.....Ask them the Question's.

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

To ban lead is just step one to get rid of guns.

As for the lead in dead animals for the other wild life eats and so called die of. BULL S%&T. Here in my state a game biologist asked my friend who was a duck guide to save all the duck and geese gallbladder's. He wanted to check them for lead poisoning. My friend didn't see him for a year after he sent about 100+ gallbladders to him. He asked what the results were. He said he found 0% lead in them. So the anti hunters got their way by lying.

I say the samething is happening in Cal.

16. Nutso

Nutso Member

Lead ammo bans is not new, if I remember correctly in orginated from a Dr in the Dakota's, in the 90's, science has always won out in the past. However, we are in different times so who knows.

Funny, must of us grew up eating mass quanties of wild game killed with lead bullets and shot. We all seemed to have turned out ok. Also many a farm animal was killed with guns, butchered and consumed.

If this bill gets passed and then lead ban becomes total, meaning trap and skeet shooting, then it may be time to leave this state, Texas is looking very good right now. This bill is really just another of way of disencenting gun ownership.

Are they going to ban lead bullets from law enforcement too?

On the train deal in cali, its interesting that Feinsteins husband was awarded the contract.

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

When will the people get smart and realize that the polititions
    work for us not tell the people what the must due. Let the revolution begin.
    Fellow just told me today his son in in the service in Hawii. Said the government is shipping loads of ammo from the states to Hawii to be destroyed. He was asking his father what was going on.Bill

18. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I was stationed there (Army) for 2 years ending when I retired in August 2012. We could not get out of that state fast enough. I was in a relatively conservative are in central CA. Where I hunted (Ft Hunter Liggett) ALL hunting was with non-toxic. I did some looking for lead for reloading and did not find a gun store that would stock it.

We were amazed at how indoctrinated the people, especially kids, were for a farming area. Very few kids had any kind of gun experience except the few getting into the gangs being formed by illegals working the fields. Most were in complete fear of them which took my trap shooting son by surprise. We had just moved there from Wisconsin where we shot frequently at several clubs. We hunted quail, but never even bothered to try to hunt other game because of the difficulty it would have been to try to find places to site in rifles with copper loads.

Most of the people we talk to in the Midwest have no idea of what an oppressive place California is to live in.

The story I read about the new bill cited the findings in North Dakota about lead in meat which I believe where show to be fabricated by an anti-hunting, anti-meat doctor who was completely discredited. The CDC published recommendations based on blood tests that ultimately found those eating wild game had a lower average level of lead in their blood than the average American.

http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/LeadIssues.aspx

19. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

And to think that we came within one box of shells of this never being a problem back when there were only 26 of the buzzards left. Darwin has been trying but against the federal budget even he has met his match.

20. Avatar

The condor is an interesting bird; but, it's my understanding it was in decline long before guns and lead pellets reached California--an evolutionary dead end, or, at least not suited that well to the present Southwest, probably because of its size. Fortunately, it apparently does fine in captivity, as shown by the successful efforts to boost its numbers; so the ugly buzzard should always be available in zoos:

(LA Times)
    "The huge bird, which has a 9-foot wingspan and will fly 160 miles in a day to satisfy its hunger for rotting meat, once numbered more than 500 in the southwestern U.S. alone. By 1982, its population had plummeted to 22 due to lead poisoning, poaching and habitat destruction.

In 1987, all the remaining wild birds were captured for breeding and, five years later, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service began a program to release them back into the wild. Today there are more than 400 California condors, about half of which are flying free over California, Arizona and Mexico."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.