1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CALIFORNIA STATESHOOT???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rmngtngrl, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Mike,
    You have posted this question a few times and I have answered it ...Now listen (or read) carefully, The reason the campgrounds were roped off last year was due to the unusally high water due to all the rain we had had during the spring and winter. The Kingsburg powers roped off the areas that would be affected should a tree have fallen..protecting you and all the other campers. NOW this year there has not been enough rain and therefore the river should not be running at extreme levels this year and thusly flooding the ground and make the conditions favorable for a tree to fall. SO unless Mother Nature takes a notion to let it pour for the next 4 months we should be able to have full access to the river and the playground and such. From the tone of your letter and your other posts on this site it seems you are looking for someone to champion a cause against Kingsburg or the state shoot itself.. You will not find more reasonable camping fees anywhere in the state and even some of those campgrounds do not have all the amenities that Kingsburg offers...My suggestion to you is book a room you probably would have a lousy time camping anyway...
    Sincerly
    Kym Hughes

2. hawleyhobby

hawleyhobby TS Member

Kym, with an attitude like his the state shoot would be better off without him. Hard to beat the facilities at Kingsburg and the folks who bust their butts every year for us are the best. I can't wait for the end of June. Sean Hawley

3. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Hi Sean.....yep I agree the Kingsburg crew really does a great job and you won't find nicer grounds anywhere..The best part of the state shoot is camping and hanging out with all your friends each year I would rather miss Christmas than the state shoot.... Hope you and your family are doing great there in Utah...See you in the Trophy Room.....Kym

4. glasman

glasman TS Member

Kym:

Can I camp under the yellow tape @ this year's state event..you know where..under the big oak tree that might have fallen on my trailer last year?

Glasman

5. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

yes but only if you are camping in that little chalet trailer...less to clean up...

6. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

The campground will be open this year. There will be no roped off areas around the oak trees. Everyone will have to sign a waiver for our insurance company when they get their camping space this year. See you there.

Vince McNamara

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is that straight scoop Vince or are you jerking our chain about the waiver. Dave

8. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

That's it Dave.

Vince

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks Vince. Cant say I blame them I remember the tree that fell on the two motor homes. Those old oaks must be over three hundred years old. Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.