1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California State Wobbles Ch'ship 10/13-14

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ffwildcat, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Folks - here is the program and shoot info lifted from the El Dorado Rod & Gub Club website. This is a fantastic event and we have some really good shooters including some terrific youth shooters. Please put this one on your shoot calendar - a great day out and at the end of the day roll down the hill for a gold cadillac and a feast of ribs at Poor Red's.

This is single shot wobbles and the 3/4 wobbles means you shoot from the 12 yard line - nobody has ever run 100 straight from 12 yards - is this the year?

California State Wobbles Shoot
    Saturday October 13, 2007 Event 1 & 2
    Sunday October 14, 2007 Event 3 & 4
    Signup 8:00am - Shoot Time 9:00am

Event 1
    100 Targets 3/4 Wobbles
    Targets & Trophies $25.00
    Three Classes A/B/C
    Lewis Purse $5.00*Purse paid three places

Event 2
    100 Targets Full Wobbles
    Three Classes A/B/C

Event 3
    100 Targets 3/4 Wobbles
    Three Classes A/B/C

Event 4
    100 Targets Full Wobbles
    Three Classes A/B/C

Special Event Trophies
    High Ladies 200 Targets
    High Juniors 200 Targets
    Must have 3 shooters per to be eligible for trophies High Overall Trophies
    3/4 Wobbles - 200 Targets
    Full Wobbles - 200 Targets

To shoot Wimpy Wobbles as a registered event you must join the association for $15.00 association fee. A $3.00 daily fee collected each day of the shoot. Membership good through 2008.
    Cash Purse on 200 targets ~ 100 - 3/4 wobbles, 100 - Full wobbles $10.00 Split 50%/30%/20%

Trophies - 3 Classes A/B/C Must have 3 entries in each class to qualify for trophies.

*Options (Lewis, Team Draw, Cash Purse, 50 Option) are not compulsory. Trophies - Three Classes: A, B, C. Buckles awarded to Class winners in each event We will use ATA or PITA Class or Yard Classification or El Dorado Rod & Gun Club Classification. All shooters not having shot 200 3/4 wobble targets and 200 full wobble targets will be classified as class A in all events.

El Dorado Rod and Gun Club reserves the right to change all or part of this program at any time. We also reserve the right to disqualify and remove anyone who interferes or endangers any other participants of this event.

Safety Rules and Participant Responsibilities:
    Eye Protection and Ear Plugs are required at all events. (Safety Glasses and Ear Protection are available for sale). No alcohol allowed on the premises. Proper gun safety should be practiced at all times. No shot sizes larger than #7½, and 3 Drams of powder may be used.

For More Information Contact: Bob Conover ~ (530) 677-8826 / (530) 409-8829 Cell

2. calilori

calilori TS Member

Oh I totally want to do that! I don't know where El Dorado gun club is, but if it's convenient for me, I'd love to go! Do you get two shots at the target like we play wobble at our club?

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Lori,

Only one shot allowed in registered wobbles. this is the closest "american trap" game to olympic bunker. the bunker is wobbles on steroids.

3/4 wobbles is shot from the 12 yard line. full wobbles is shot from the 16 yard line. you want to have some fun, go shoot wobbles from the back fence - very difficult.

The El Dorado Gun Club is in northern california about 40 minutes east of sacramento on hwy 50. a small club set atop a bluff with a great background.

the state championship draws out some of the better shooters in the area as well as all the locals, the membership boasts some talent.

come on up, spend the weekend, enjoy the gold country, shoot a little.

4. calilori

calilori TS Member

I'll be there. My daughter goes to school in Davis so I'm up there quite often. We sometimes shoot handicap wobble at our club, just for fun. After a night of serious practicing we like to shoot wobble. It really sounds like a lot of fun, and it's convenient, so I think I'll try to make it if I can work it into my budget!

5. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

Directions for EDRC Take the Missouri Flat exit off Hwy. 50 , go south to Forni Rd. (about 1/2 mile), go right to Pleasont Valley Rd. , go right 100 Yds. , go left on Hwy 49 , go about 200 Yds. , turn left on Union Mine Rd. , turn right at stop sign , continue about 3 miles ,on your left you will see an abandoned dump , just beond that on your left you will see an open gate , follow that up to the top of the hill. Enjoy the scenery and watch out for the Turkeys and Deer

6. randy-s

randy-s Member

This link should take you to a map to the gun club.

http://www.eldoradorodandgun.com/rangemap.htm

7. jimx200

jimx200 Member

This is a very nice club with darn good people. Beautiful views of the Sierra's (especially the fall colors) and I look forward to shooting your event. I attended two fall turkey shoots last year and one just needs to bring their "A" game as these guys and gals can shoot.

8. calilori

calilori TS Member

I don't plan to actually win anything...I just think a wobble tournament would be way too much fun! And with that scenery. I'm very familiar with the area, so I know it will be gorgeous as well as fun.

And hangfire...thanks for the directions, I can find it with that. Unfortunately, I am the stereotypical woman when it comes to maps and such. I'm so glad you didn't say north and south and east and west because I'm totally directionally challenged.

9. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Lori, I hope you can make it. It would be great to have another talented lady shooter at the event. The club has some excellent lady shooters as members and i think the club is one of the more "lady" friendly environments. In fact I think they fielded an entire ladies only squad at a PITA event this year. Watch out for Randy, don't let him sandbag you, he took home all the prizes last year but I've got a fix for that......we'll make him shoot from the rifle range.

Just kidding Randy - I'm jealous and wished I could shoot half as good as you.

I'll keep bumping this up to the top each day. We need to keep spreading the word of mouth and promote this event.

10. calilori

calilori TS Member

bumping for the guys from El Dorado

11. calilori

calilori TS Member

12. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I'll hijack this thread for a good cause......

Hey Lori, do you ever go over to the range at Yolo Sportsmans Association when you're visiting in Davis?? Trap, Skeet, SC and rifle, pistol. Definitely the closest range to that neck of the woods for sure.

13. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

i would love to shoot a woble tourney. when i started shooting trap we would always play anney oakley with the trap set to wobble and shoot from the 27 i have never shot it seriously nor did i know that anybody did. we have a thursday night dinner at our club once a month during the spring and summer and i won one of them but thats pretty much all i have done wobble wise besides winning a few bucks on wed. nights (our game night). are there any special rules that are different from the regular trap like load specifications or how r we classed if we have never shot one before

Thanx

Steven

14. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Steven,

The governing body is Wimpy's Wobbles, see link above.

The load specifications are the same as ATA (as far as I know). And if you haven't shot enough registered targets to be classified (200 requirement) then you would be in A class.

If you're used to shooting a wobbles target from 27 yards then you'll be fine regardless of class - that is some tough shooting.

15. calilori

calilori TS Member

I've never had the opporutnity to shoot up that way yet. I've only been shooting barely a year, so I haven't been too many places yet. I didn't even know there was one in Yolo County. I do plan to come to the wobble shoot on Saturday and then I plan to shoot Coon Creek on Sunday. It never fails....the good stuff always falls on the same weekend!

16. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

17. randy-s

randy-s Member

youa italiana?

18. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

either that or he's from michigan!

sorry, bad joke, no offense intended to the yoopers of the world.

all we need now is to practice our juju and bring on the good weather. last weekend in the valley was spectacular. good shootin' weather, no wind, good sky.

hey randy - will there be any practice rounds before the events on either day??

19. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

Randy i'm the left handed Italian. Wobbles practice on Wed.1:00 pm to dusk and Sun. 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Not sure about practice on the shoot days. They havn't had it before.---Don

20. randy-s

randy-s Member

Yes Don, we now have another trap that can be used for practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.