1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California State Shoot @ Kingsburg

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Calkidd, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Since the last thread was closed, dunno why, but I wanted to give a shout out to all of those who were involved. Thank you for coming together and coming to an agreement that will hopefully benefit both sides.

I am very much looking forward to this years Centennial shoot. I have heard there was rumor of a live band on one of the nights?

The target cost went up $2, but it is well worth the extra $22 to keep the state shoot here at KGC. Looking froward to seeing the lot of you at the 2013 KGC Ca. State Shoot.

Bryan

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

That is GREAT news!!

3. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

From the CGSTA page:

The CGSTA and Kingsburg Gun Club have reached an agreement as to the 2013 California State Shoot. This is our Centennial Year so make your plans now to attend the Preliminary Shoot June 23 and 24th and the 100th CALIFORNIA STATE TRAPSHOOTING CHAMPIONSHIPS, June 25th through June 30th., AT KINGSBURG GUN CLUB, KINGSBURG, CALIFORNIA!!

Thank all of you for your patience!

See you in Kingsburg!

Marsh Hauge, President
    CGSTA

4. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

Looking forward to attending this year. I'll gladly pay the extra target fee instead of some of the other alternatives considered. Thank you for coming to an agreement. Now, if you can just keep the weather cool like it was last year....

5. trap72

trap72 Member

Amen on cool weather!

6. LoboDave

LoboDave TS Member

Mr. Hauge,

This is EXCELLENT news, even if long overdue! Thanks for the effort and time your team and KGC put in to this.

With the long delay in finalizing this, communication and promotion of the event are now more important than ever.

The uncertainty/change in dates may leave many shooters out in the cold regarding the required time off they already scheduled/negotiated with their employers at the beginning of the year.

Wide announcement and promotion must be done NOW to give these folks the best opportunity to re-negotiate their yearly vacation schedules as well as attract more folks to the Golden State Centennial Anniversary Shoot.

I am CERTAIN that all these promotional efforts have already been previously lined up, simply awaiting the confirmation of the location and dates.

I look forward to seeing them lead to a GREAT, well attended California Centennial Shoot, worthy of the occasion!

Thank you,

Dave Janiec
    Ridgecrest,
    CA

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dave J., hasn't the CA state shoot always been held in the last week of June? Regardless of money squabbles or festivity schedule?

Hap

8. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Hap,

The state shoot is always the "Last full week in June". Last year 2012 was the earliest it can be and this year 2013 is the latest it can be.

Robert

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I knew it was always close to the same date so shooters could make arrangements for time off. That was the point I wanted to make, I'll change it on my post now!

Hap

10. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I am really glad that this got resolved. At the same time, I am SEVERELY disappointed that the 4 months of bickering and hanging Califonia shooters out to dry was over a measly $2 change in target price. We heard all about how unreasonable BOTH sides were and it was fixed with a $2 change in price. Obviously the dispute was personality driven, and I have to believe that the pressure that many here at TS.com put on the respective organizations is a contributing factor in the eventual resolution.

Let's not go thru this again! Looking forward to a good shoot, I hope I can make more than one day this year.

-Aaron Valdes

11. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Like sausage, politics is sometimes best left to make behind closed doors.

dave

12. LoboDave

LoboDave TS Member

My apologies if this was not a change, in reality.

Apparently I had misinformation from somewhere last November, as I been told to save the week prior, and that is what I had planned for. Regret I cannot remember where I got that info, but it's a moot point now.

I shot for a few months back in the early 80s, then had life interfere till I had the opportunity to begin shooting again about this time last year.

I have never shot the state shoot (took a half day to scope it out last year) and am looking forward to it, if I can make the timing work.

Regards,
    Dave

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If you have not shot the Calif. State Shoot ... you owe it to yourself to attend one ... and this year it is the 100th Anniversary!

Just about the most fun that you can have with your clothes on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how much moeny can i make in a week at kingsbrug gun club

kingsburg gun club state shoot