1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California State Shoot 2013???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Taprackflip, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taprackflip

Taprackflip Member

I was just reviewing the CGSTA Minutes from September 29, 2012. It talks about the 2013 state shoot and if no agreement can be reached, the CGSTA can suspend if necessary.
    Is anyone else concerned???

2. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Yeah, I'm concerned. I've been attending the California State shoot since 1982 always at Kingsburg. Although I'm no longer a Ca resident and haven't been for a few years I always make the trip to Kingsburg every June. If the shoot were held somewhere else it just wouldn't feel right. Hopefully the state organization and the gun club can iron out their differences, especially with it being the 100th state shoot this next June.

Sean Hawley

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

5. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

Does anyone know what the hold up is? Is it that hard for the CGSTA and KGC to reach an agreement?

What a shame...

Jeff Holguin

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The minutes from the September 29th board meeting made it sound like the CGSTA was trying to negotiate a fair deal for the shooters, and that if the club and CGSTA can't come to an agreement by November 15th the CGSTA will begin a search for a new location. We don't know what a fair deal is or consists of.

Kevin

7. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

Well without looking at KGC's books, it is only MHO that the club may not need the shoot. If this is the case the CGSTA may be in a tough spot. Are there any members on this site?

I would like to hear from a KGC member who shoots, if there are any left lol. Many of the members I know only use their membership to access the water.

Jeff Holguin

8. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Actually this is not the place to discuss this matter.

Robert

9. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

1st the Winter Chain bad idea and now this! I cant think of any other range that could put on a shoot of that size........I sure hope the Club/CGSTA can work this out. I for one dont mind pay'n a little more to keep it there.

Aaron Holguin

10. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Another matter concerning the California Winter Chain Shoots was brought to the floor. This matter concerned the restructuring of the awards that were given to the clubs by the CGSTA. In the past the CGSTA has always supplied a Champion Buckle to the clubs for the Winter Chain Event. In light of the survey and the conversations with CGSTA members it was suggested to add to the awards and allow more people the opportunity to win a Winter Chain Trophy. With much discussion as to the format,
    Motion________C. Hammond_______-Second______Craine_________
    To restructure the Winter Chain Format to include the following language: “ Trophy to the Champion in each of the following yardage groups:
    18-20
    21-22
    23-24
    25-26
    27.”
    Motion Passed: Voice Vote.
    With the passing and adoption of this Criteria Change to the Winter Chain Shoots the following will be implemented:
    Each Winter Chain Yardage Champion will be eligible to compete for the Winter Chain Champion of Champions trophy at the 2013 California State Shoot. In addition to the Champion Trophy, the following will also be awarded, Champion Runner Up, 3rd Place, 4th Place and 5th Place.
    Each yardage Champion will be competing for the Champion of Champions awards( Champion, Runner Up 3rd-5th Place) at the current earned yardage they have received to date at the California Sate Shoot Handicap event in which the Winter Chain Champion of Champions will be determined.

A little confusing is this adding 5 more trophies or 9 more trophies.

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

The CGSTA will supply the gun clubs with the following trophies for their Winter Chain Handicap shoots Winter Chain Event.

Buckles to the Yardage Champions

18-20 yds

21-22 yds

23-24 yd

25-26 yds

27 yds.

There won't be just one Champion buckle this year, instead we will give out 5 Yardage Champion buckles. That is 5 buckles to each of the clubs ..i.e. Kingsburg will be given 5 Winter Chain Champion Buckles for the yardage groups. These Winners from all the Winter Chains will then be eligible at the 2013 Ca. State Shoot in a Handicap Event (to be determined) to shoot for the Winter Chain Champion of Champions, Runner Up, 3rd Place 4th Place and 5th Place.

The CGSTA used to only give out 14-15 buckles at the Winter Cahin shoots and then one buckle at the State Shoot to the Champion of Champions. We felt that more shooters should be given the chance to win a buckle and therefore changed the format for this year.

Anyone with questions can contact me at anytime, my contact info is on the CGSTA Website.

Kym Hughes

CGSTA Secretary

12. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

As Robert has stated above this is not the place to discuss this matter.

Vince

13. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Kym,

thanks, the way I read the minutes that I copied above it looked like there was a winter chain champion, a runnerup champ and 3rd, 4th 5th. and also a yardage champ in the 5 yardage groupes, going to have to practice on my reading comprehension skills.

So according to your above post there will not be a winter chain champion just yardage group champions?

Robert

14. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The above link will take you to a statement made by the Pres. of CGSTA. This explains what the issue is.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I applaud Zardozforty for his candor.

I believe that: "Good people can reach good agreements; agreements good for all."

16. Taprackflip

Taprackflip Member

I am glad to see some response from the CGSTA regarding the State Shoot at Kingsburg. I really do hope they are able to working something out there as the facility is awesome and the people there are great!

However, the response brings up more questions. How did the CGSTA (according to its minutes) go from making $3048 at the 2009 state shoot to losing $26,184 for fiscal year 2011 (according to Guidestar) (I would guess, since the CGSTA changed it amotization schedule to 20 year staight line, that, that loss without depreciation is around $16,000). Especially since the daily fees were increased. Or are the numbers I sourced incorrect?

Maybe we have to pay more for our state shoot to shoot at Kingsburg. If its the difference between no state shoot or paying up, I know what choice I would make.

Jorge

17. Taprackflip

Taprackflip Member

In response to the people that have suggested, "this is not the place to discuss this matter." This is the Ideal place to discuss the matter! This is one of the places that the CGSTA's Constituents check for information! Additionally, it is trapshooting related.

If your feeling is this is not the appropriate place to discuss this, then applying the same logic, officers and directors of the CGSTA should not post CGSTA business here either.

However, since this is not Nazi Germany, Russia, or Syria, I will exercise my 1st admendment right and ask the simple question!

Jorge

18. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Robert, Please get the word out that we are rescinding the requirement to have to shoot both days of a Winter Chain Weekend to be eligible for a Winter Chain Yardage Chamion buckle from the CGSTA. This decision was reached due to the amount of calls from both members and gun club officals.

And yes on your above post

No Champion Champion... just 5 yardage Champions at the 15 Winter Chain shoots around the state for the 2013 shoot year. Those shoots can be found on the CGSTA website under the calendar section, the new schedule should be posted already and the pocket schedules will be out and ready for the public around Dec.

At the 2013 State Shoot there will be the following awards:

Winter Chain Champion of Champions

Champion Runner-Up

3rd Place

4th Place

5th Place..

Thanks so much

Kym Hughes

CGSTA Secretary

19. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

20. rmngtngrl