1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California Senate Approves Seven Gun Bills

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by lowsix, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowsix

lowsix TS Member

Per LA Times, California Senate approves seven gun control bills, including SB53 (DeLeon-D) which will require individuals who wish to purchase Ammunition would need to submit their information and a $50 fee to the state Department of Justice which would maintain a list of qualified buyers that would be checked by ammo stores. Purchasers would have to show their driver's license or other ID at the time they buy bullets.

The approved bills now go to the Assembly for further consideration.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep those commie democrats sure HELP out the poor!!

3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I lived in California for 6 years and made a lot of friends, loved the climate, liked the ability to be in the Sequois National Forest in 30 minutes from where I lived or be at the coast in 2.5 hours. Was a working member of Kingsburg Gun Club, some of the best folks I have ever met. Still friends with a bunch of them.

But, one of the reasons I left was just such crap as this and taxation. If you could get rid of LA, San Francisco and Sacramento it would be a grand place to be.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

CA could be a harbinger for the rest of the country. Let millions of illegals in, give them financial motivation to stay, let them go to school free, give them driver's licenses, let them vote and wonder of wonder they start passing legislation to benefit their own special interests. INS/ICE is where we really need to start putting all the pressure we can muster to bring this under control. Control of the border is the bigest threat to our way of life. The O man caters to these unfortunate people to get his votes...wake up America.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Oregon and Nevada will probably have an increase in sales?

Ajax

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Thank goodness. Our safety is the primary concern. HMB

7. Avatar

Unless the tide turns, it's the shape of things to come everywhere, not just in California.

"Ammunition purchasers would submit their information and a $50 fee to the state Department of Justice which would maintain a list of qualified buyers that would be checked by ammo stores. Purchasers would have to show their driver's license or other ID at the time they buy bullets."

At least, it seems to be a one-time registration with no wait period for subsequent purchases. With guns, even long guns, it's another story. California requires you to pay a fee for the background check, then wait 10 days for the results--each time you purchase a gun.

"The goal of SB 53 is “to ensure that criminals and other dangerous individuals cannot purchase ammunition in the state of California,” said Sen. Kevin De Leon (D-Los Angeles), the bill’s author." “To purchase a product that has the potential to maim or kill another human being you can (now) walk into a gun store, no questions asked,” he added. “I think that’s a little outrageous.”

I hope LA folks remember and vote against this gentleman in the next election. Does he really believe his law will stop criminals from buying ammo? His argument could also be applied to ban knives, axes and just about anything...

"The Senate also approved a bill that would outlaw the sale, purchase and manufacture in California of semiautomatic rifles that can accept detachable magazines."

This bill, which I am told applies also to rim-fires, would outlaw as a dangerous assault weapon the Coast-to-Coast semi-auto .22 with detachable clip (6 rounds) that I had as a kid. Hilarious.

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

This "law" will go into court as a violation of second amendment rights. As I remember my pre-law first amendment cases in 1950's the government tried to tax news print and paper. It was found to be a violation of 1st Amendment rights. This is similar -- the right to be armed is not accptable without bullets and cannot be taxed. Illegal gun control. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.