1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California Has Lost A Great Guy Bob Chambers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

We lost our good friend Bob Chambers last evening after a long battle with heart disease. I've known Bob since I was 11 years old and we grew up together and we were in-separable. We would own the hills behind our homes in Eucalyptus Hills, Lakeside, and spend every waking moment tromping through those hills shooting rabbits and squirrels and coyotes. We would ride his Honda 90's until they were out of gas.

One year there was a great plea that went out through the neighborhood for someone to do something about a Bobcat that was killing all the neighbors chickens. Bob looked at me one day and said, "I'm gonna get that little bastard". Sure enough, a few hours later he came walking back with a Bobcat slung over his shoulder and the problem was gone. Bob still has the Bobcat mounted over his fireplace today.

Bob will be sorely missed.

Kevin
    bucko43_2008_010815.jpg

Bob is left front with his hands folded.

bucko43_2008_010816.jpg

bucko43_2008_010817.jpg

2. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

So sorry to hear this.

Mike C.
    Groveland, CA

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Not only a good Bobcat hunter, I hunted dove many years in Yuma AZ with Bob and his sons. He was a devoted father and husband. He took the shooting sports fairly serious as well..even had a pre-nup to allow him to continue shooting trap with his friends! He remained true to his faith, and was a true friend to many! RIP Brother Bob!

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Truly a loss to the shooting fraternity and humanity. Bob is one of he good guys who will be missed by all who knew him.

Robert

5. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

The group photo waa taken at San Diego Shotgun Sports...LarryB (back row-far right)..

6. Bucko43

When we didn't know any better, we used to shoot ATA at San Diego Shotgun Sports wearing shirts that were sponsored by P2K in El Cajon. This group in the first photo is the original squad that shot together for about a year. Then Bob Murray (front right) dropped out of our squad and Randy Spenny (front right, second photo) took his place. Randy ran 100 straight in his very first ATA competition. It took me 6 years to pull off that feat!

Just for reference, the second photo is Bob Chambers (front left), Kevin King (behind Bob left). Wayne Langevin (behind Bob right), Randy Spenny (front right) and Larry Burleson (rear right). We shot together for about two years. We had a great squad and really had a good rhythm. Always had at least two and some times 3 guys on our squad that were winning their events.
    bucko43_2008_010818.jpg

7. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

The family will be holding a memorial service for Bob on Monday, May 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints located at 1634 Hillsdale Rd., El Cajon.

Directions: From I-8, exit Second Street and turn south on Second. Continue on to Jamacha Rd. Turn left on Hillsdale Rd. The church is located on the left side of the street, right before Valhalla High School.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to The Boy Scouts of America, Troup 339. Donations will be accepted at the time of the service or via mail to following address:

The Boy Scouts of America, Troup 339

c/o Bishop Brian Hadley

2049 Wind River Rd.

El Cajon, CA 92019

8. Bucko43

Bob, you will be missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.