1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CALIFORNIA.....HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT AB962

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 221, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Has anyone heard what has happened in CA. with regards to Assembly Bill 962?.

I was looking for info and ran across this Chicago News Source and seems Companies will act if it does not get vetoed.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m9d24-Cabelas-No-more-ammunition-for-California

OOOOPS..."BE NICE"

2. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I went online today and saw ziltch,I did read that if the guvernater did'nt veto it by the 11th that it would become law!

3. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

Tou heard right Joe. If the Jerkenator did not veto it today it will be law tomorrow.

Clyde

4. 221

We all better hope it's vetoed.......There will be total chaos in the ammo market if it's not.

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Has anyone heard whether this was allowed to become law? Ron

Note: Sorry, I was writing this while Texaszephyr answered the question.

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

just read that bill was signed by cal gov. was on sacramento ch 10 broadcast and read on web at outdoorsunlimited.net I use if for one of my email addys because I like their attitude.

Bob

ps tried to post a link but i guess im not com savy enufff to gitter done

7. glenns

glenns Member

SACRAMENTO, CA - Before the midnight deadline, Gov. Schwarzenegger acted on 685 bills that were on his desk. He signed 456 and vetoed 229.

One of the bills that he signed was Assembly Bill 962. It requires handgun ammunition to be kept behind the counter where customers cannot access it without assistance. It also requires gun shop owners to thumbprint people who buy handgun ammunition, as well as record their identification and provide that information to police.

Schwarzenegger released a statement explaining why he signed the bill.

"To the Members of the California State Assembly: I am signing Assembly Bill 962.

This measure would require vendors of handgun ammunition to keep a log of information on handgun ammunition sales, store ammunition in a safe and secure manner, and require the face to-
    face transfer of ammunition sales.

Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety. These records have allowed law enforcement to arrest and prosecute persons who have no business possessing firearms and ammunition: gang members, violent parolees, second and third strikers, and even people previously serving time in state prison for murder.

Utilized properly, this type of information is invaluable for keeping communities safe and preventing dangerous felons from committing crimes with firearms.

Moreover, this type of record keeping is no more intrusive for law abiding citizens than similar laws governing pawnshops or the sale of cold medicine. Unfortunately, even the most successful
    local program is flawed; without a statewide law, felons can easily skirt the record keeping requirements of one city by visiting another. Assembly Bill 962 will fix this problem by
    mandating that all ammunition vendors in the state keep records on ammunition sales.

As Governor, I have sought the appropriate balance between public safety and the right to keep and bear arms. I have signed important public safety measures to regulate the sale and transfer of .50 caliber rifles, instituted the California Firearms License Check program, and promoted the use of microstamping technology in handguns. I have also vetoed many pieces of legislation that sought to place unreasonable restrictions and burdens on firearms dealers and ammunition vendors.

Assembly Bill 962 reasonably regulates access to ammunition and improves public safety without placing undue burdens on consumers. For these reasons, I am pleased to sign this bill."

Click here for a full list of what bills the Governor signed and vetoed.

8. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Thank you Mein Herr Schwarzenegger for that well thought out explaination of why you decided to threaten my rights so you could keep track of all those bad guys that don't go to jail or stay there because "Kalifornia" wants to rehabilitate them rather than punish them!!

I have decided that in the upcoming election I am going to vote against anyone who is an incumbent. Maybe if we all do that it will send the message, or maybe they will understand the message, to all those still in office that we have had enough. I think it is the only way to try to get this country back on track!!!!!!!!!

Brownk80

9. bocephus

bocephus Member

Ok now where are all those people that continually say "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!"
    Come on now don't be silent, let's hear it!

10. 221

I'm sure there are a lot that are already thinking about capitalizing on this......just like they did with primers....

This event will fuel a whole new cottage industry and cause chaos for the rest of us......

Time to cut CA off completely....Isolate them, NOT THE PEOPLE,,,,,,,but the CA system. When their cops have to resort to carrying hammers they'll get the picture.

I hope Cabalas sticks to their guns.

11. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

brownk80

Your on the right track, but I would go a bit further and NOT VOTE AT ALL!!!!!!!

Why? Because anyone that would be voted in I guarantee you would just be another crooked scumbag!

Don't vote....nobody vote.....and maybe they will get the picture!

12. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Anybody have a house to rent in Yuma, AZ just so I can buy ammo????? LarryB

13. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

That Musclehead is supposed to be a Republican? He should be kicked out of the Republican Party today!...Bill

14. 221

I think he smoked one too many of clintons stogies.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Move out of California, just like I did in 2001. There are better places to live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.