1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California Gun Shipping

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Bustinclay100, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Bustinclay100

Bustinclay100 Member

What are the problems with shipping a gun to a FFL dealer in Cal. Thanks Byron

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I had many guns shipped to CA for me from all over the country, no problem. Assuming you are talking about trap guns. Certain guns are prohibited import into CA, similar to many other states.

The "problem" is, if some seller insist to ship from his FFL to a CA FFL, or one particular CA FFL only accepts from another FFL, then the out of state FFL needs to obtain a CA DOJ approval number prior shipment. it's a 5 minutes process on CA DOJ website, the approval is instant. No wait. No charge.

By law, out of state non-FFL individuals can ship firearm directly to CA FFL, the problem starts with people create his own rules.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ca DOJ number needed so the state can collect sales tax on it.

4. THEKIDFAN

THEKIDFAN Member

It is much easier less bs if a non FFL holder ships a gun to a Cal FFL holder, please dont ask me why lol it's Calif.
    As a non-FFL you just include a copy of your Dr. License with the shipment and you hold onto the FFL holders FFL Licence for your records

5. Leftysmokum

Leftysmokum Member

What Steve W said--Best way is for gun owner to mail direct to Calif. FFL holder--ALL LEGAL--and it does not cost the gun owner any money--Jim

6. Bustinclay100

Bustinclay100 Member

Thanks guys, the answers are appreciated. Byron

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

If you can find someone with an FFL that will accept from an out-of-state individual who doesn't have an FFL.

Most California FFL holder's are using the latest regulations as new source of revenue with many charging as high as $150 to receiver a firearm + the required state fees.

8. SCO/C

SCO/C Active Member

Bill, unfortunately there're some FFLs took advantage from customers buying out of state.

I bet these are also the same FFLs that were selling $40 per box of 9mm ammo during shortage.