1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California getting stupid

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

We've got a whole new slew of anti-gun bills popping up here. They've gotten so bad that one bill proposes to make known (via internet) just where a gun is located ( home address). Man, nothing like letting the criminals know what house has a gun in it. You'd think if they were so down on guns that they'd put people away that actually COMMIT a major crime with a gun away for life. But, they cut these known gun using assailants back on the streets with little time served. Guess it serves they're purpose towards demonizing guns. Jim

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

California 'getting stupid'. I don't think that is anything new. They always lead the nation in stupid.

3. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Let the REVOLUTION begin!!!! I live here and all the BS laws stink!! They can't even enforce the laws that are currently in place!But Arnold let's the non violent criminals out early!!Go figure.

I would like to see Arnold relocate ALL of these offenders around his mansion in Brentwood and have him turn off all of his elaborate security systems and tell his 3 daughters to go for a walk and then see if HE has any problem with that!! Money talks!Save the Condor and the Spotted owl and the Fairy shrimp!!

4. SonoraMike

SonoraMike TS Member

can you move this to politics where it belongs?

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

"Getting"????????

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The people of California are one thing, the Politicians are again something else ... I know a lot of really good, honest, hardworking people who reside in California and they are as against the gun legislations as anyone else I know ... California is not the only State where there is a constant barrage of anti guns bills popping up, Hell, check out Illinois the home of the Grand American Trapshooting Championships and prepare to get shocked ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

No liberal state that elects Democrats is safe.

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

That's not new news for CA. Just like NY, these states are getting worse, and quick. The first opportunity I have to get out of NY and I'm taking it.

9. Cray

Cray Member

Rich219: What part of NY are you from? Western NY?
    If so, are you going to Tonawanda this weekend? Cray

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

" Rich219: What part of NY are you from? Western NY? If so, are you going to Tonawanda this weekend? Cray "

The Rochester area (Springwater to be exact). I'm not planning on heading out to Tonawanda this weekend. This is my first year shooting ATA and I'm just hitting up a shoot here and there. Next season I plan on hitting up any and every shoot possible. I also blew my shooting budget for the week @ Mt. Morris last weekend so I'm just going to shoot some practice rounds locally tomorrow afternoon.

11. Cray

Cray Member

I was unable to attend the Mt. Morris Shoot!
    I'll see Dave at Tonawanda.Cray

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

People forget that when the 2d amaendment was written a farmer could own a cannon or ANY other known weapon of war. There were large cities even then and at that time noone begrudged anyone from owning any weapon. It's not like any of us owns a tank or any other type of artillery. We just want our silly little pop guns that insure a nutty SOB can't harm us in our own homes or property. And own occation visit the local range and enjoy shooting them. And yes, hunt for those that like. Jim

13. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

By definition, California means STUPID

14. slodsm

slodsm Member

It's sad really. Back 14 or 15 years ago I live in Northern California for a while. Beautiful place and a lot of really good people polluted by just enough fringe lunatics to train wreck it.

Jeremy.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

California getting stupid? LOL, Oprah is getting fat too.

-Gary

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Any links to these bills?

17. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Brian, off hand I forgot. But believe me, it's not hard to find them. Just start 'Goog' catch words for them. It's gotten to the point that with our 'school zone' gun laws a guy can't legally leave his house with his guns to travel to the range. 'School zone' gun laws overlap so bad that in the end a whole city becomes a 'no gun' zone. Jim

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I did a google seach for the bill for listing your guns on the Internet, but nothing came up. That's why I asked for a link.

19. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Brian, o.k. it's a little late tonight. But I'll get some bill #'s for you tomorrow. Jim

20. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

It is a very big uphill battle here but we are doing something about it.

In 2000, they thought they had eliminated the AR15 type rifles but it was discovered that not all AR rifles were banned and one it became common knowledge, the Off List Lower movement exploded.

The part that is so disturbing to us is that the economy of our state is broken and all they can seem find time to do is pass laws that restrict the freedoms of law abiding citizens. And it is not just about firearms. It's everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.