1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

California floods

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Looks real bad for some homes in Calif. I certainly hope you folks on here that live in Calif are not affected. I know David Buchman, Dan Thome and others live out there. Hope you are safe from it all

2. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

up here in Valley springs we are ok so far.

my place has good drainage, except for my driveway that's a creek.

Pete

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Im down here in San Diego area, and my patio flooded last night because the drain was clogged.

I was out there at 5:00 AM this morning hitting it with my shop vac to suck up the water. But I can live with that if that's the worst that happens.

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

All good so far, had to swim to work this morning, hope to take a boat home later......not too bad, just some mud, and a couple of ponds in the roads....San Diego wasn't hit too bad, but the border towns had a lot of Mexican real estate move over last niight

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

East county San Diego and I'm right in the bottom between two high ridges. This valley used to flood terribly. When I bought this old place I ripped out the entire house interior and there was mud in the walls right up to the ceiling rafters, 8 feet high. Thanks to a flood control channel that was installed about 20 years ago everything stays dry now. That channel does a great job of taking the water out of here fast. Some other parts of the state are really getting hurt though.

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Not too bad in the San Joaquin Valley. (at least in my area). It's getting pretty soggy, though. We ought to have a heck of a snow pack in the high Sierra.

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I'm in Ojai and we got rained on pretty good. Most in one stint since 05. I've got water runnning out of everything and the water table is up to about 3 feet below my foundation.

I have a steep driveway and we gage how high the water table is by were the water is coming thru the wall.

My property is an exercise in water diversion and everything works really well. When it is coming down hard I flow a bunch (I can't even estimate how much) thru the property.

It will all drain off in the next 2-3 days

This Creek bed in the front yard was running bank to bank 3 hours ago.12PM PST I take all the runoff from a 3 acre cul de sac thru there and it passes right thru the property and on to the Ventura River.

Now the sun is out and the sky is blue. The cats are really glad it's over.

Randy

wrbuchanan_2009_1912.jpg

8. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Record snow this year also, one ski resort on donner pass had 333" of snow this month. I just need a dry weekend to shoot!

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

We are fine in the South Bay of L.A., it was sunny / raining every couple hours. I don't remember we ever had 6 days of rain in L.A.

I'll have my sunroof open when I see sunshine tomorrow.

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

We've had a good quial season this year. Next year should be a dandy!

11. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

If you've seen the mud flows in the town of Highland, that just about due north of Redlands Trap & Skeet --- some distance but the whole area is a flood plain and the area where the shot falls is a major flood control river for the area.

This is about the most rain I've seen since I moved to California back in '77 which was the year the drought broke at the same time of the year -- rained every day for more than a week and cleared just in time for the Rose Bowl.

12. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

Im in the high desert area of so cal,San Bernardino Co.
    Incredible amounts of water and mud flow,lots of property damage
    Lots of road closeures.8-10' mud flows coming down the mountain
    washes
    Jim

13. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Saugus CA...had over 6" at the house. I'm going to check out OakTree today and see how they faired. I'm worried about "A Place To Shoot" in SanFrancisquito Cnyn...Tom just put in a 5 Stand set up. That area gets a ton of rain and the ground is pretty unstable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.