1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CALIF. STATE PITA SHOOT PROGRAMS???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

has anyone got a program for this years state shoot. its only 3 weeks away and still no program whats up with that.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hmmm, my calendar suggests it's 20 thru 24 June - just a bit more than 3 weeks, eh?....Bob Dodd

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Bob, the CA PITA State Shoot is May 25-28th at Coon Creek - I'm guessing you're thinking about the CA ATA State Shoot at Kingsburg. Just a guess really.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ooops, no, I was thinking about the PITA State Shoot in Orygun - my really bad! Best see the eye doc again soon....breakemall...Bob Dodd

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The California State PITA shoot is scheduled for May 24th. (preliminary day) through May 28th. at Coon Creek. I understand that the programs are back from the printers and should be mailed right away. I'm really looking forward to going and seeing everyone again this year. George and Joan Ahart always go out of their way to offer shooters a great time, and I think this shoot will be no exception.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I always thought the day before was the Bonus Series shoot and not part of the State Shoot at all? That's the reason I didn't put that information in my post above. Me bad! I should be there Friday- Monday.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Sheree... You are correct, the day before is, indeed, a bonus series shoot and not considered part of the State Shoot program. I stand corrected in my description...Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Dan - I hope we get a chance to finally meet after all of this time. I'd like to personally thank you for all of the help you've extended to me over the past few years. See you there.

9. bydnsilly3

bydnsilly3 Member

Just received the extra copies of the programs from the printer. The others should be arriving to you all in the next day or so.

Bill Myers
    CSTA, President

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

may 7th and still no program. anyone get one yet. why does it take so long to get this program. last year was the same deal last minute programs. how hard can it be

11. double_trouble_ha

double_trouble_ha TS Member

hhhmmmm sounds like a management issue to me

12. arms1938

arms1938 TS Member

The PITA Grand programs are out, got one at Klamath Falls yesterday. Be nice to get pre squaded for the State Shoot but don't know who to call.
    Mike

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

From what I have been told, the reason the Ca. PITA state shoot is not on presquad.com is because the cashiers that cashier the shoot do not use presquad.com. I don't know if their cashiering program is not compatible with presquad.com or if they just prefer not to do it. It would be much simpler and a lot more shooter friendly if presquad.com was offered for this shoot. It would also be a great benefit to the host club as they could get some indication of what the turnout for the shoot would be, as well as drawing shooters that might not otherwise attend. I don't know if there is any pre-squadding available for this shoot at all, even by phone, etc.

I have not received a program yet, either. I'm hoping it will show up this week. I have been asked if the targets may be cross registered with the ATA, but, without seeing it in the program, I can't answer that question. I'm ASSUMING they can but we all know what happens when you assume anything, don't we?....Dan Thome (Trap2)

14. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I was out at Coon Creek this evening and looked thru the PITA State program. I will pick one up tomorrow (they didn't have any extras to hand out) and I will scan it and post the pdf images to TS.com.

by the way, they are having a work bee out at the club this saturday, putting in a new fence to replace the old split rail. come on out and lend a hand if you can.

it should be a terrific shoot - you old timers better get your game on, there's some subjuniors in that neck of the woods that can bring it. :)

many thanks to george and joan for all they do for clay target sports and for the support they give the kids.

15. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Walenda, I don't know the last time you were out at Coon Creek, but Joan & George have land lines and a fax. That phone tower is an AT&T Cell tower - I don't think they can string lines from it. I believe they do have internet, but I'm guessing it isn't high speed, since they're out in the middle of nowhere. As for the print out of the scores -- the names on the labels might be a bit small, but the scores are big enough to read -- without binoculars!

Coon Creek is a great place to shoot (it's my home club) with good people. So we don't have the option of presquad.com this year -- come out anyway and have a good time.

BTW, I don't have my program either and I live 20 minutes away.

16. bydnsilly3

bydnsilly3 Member

The programs were at the post office 3 weeks ago. But can you imagine that there are folks that are anti-gun here in California ? Anything that has to do with guns is stalled at this post office. They must not know what the second ammendment is. The sad part about this is that we will be using a different printer next year because of this. There are local post offices that do not have this problem. I just so happen to know where one is and a local printer that will do a great job for the same or less money. Just another example of a local business suffering because of a federal organization, do to lack of control. Last year pre squarding was offered by phone and/or mail. Six shooters asked for it. Why pay the money for Pre Squard.com for six shooters. Yes, this years cashier's program does not work with Pre-Squad.com. What does it matter if only six shooters applied last year? Remember, we do not allow late/early squading or preferential squading and never have. I am really sorry about the program issue. I hope that we can solve it next year. This will be a great shoot. Hope to see you there.

Bill Myers
    CSTA, President

17. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Tony - these are closest to the Club -- there aren't any hotels/motels actually in Lincoln. Hope this helps.

Comfort Suites: By Choice Hotels
    6830 Five Star Blvd, Rocklin, CA
    (916) 315-1300

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites
    4420 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA
    (916) 624-4500

Heritage Inn Express
    4480 Rocklin Rd, Rocklin, CA
    (916) 632-3366

Rocklin Park Hotel
    5450 China Garden Rd, Rocklin, CA
    (916) 630-9400

Homewood Suites
    401 Creekside Ridge Court, Roseville, CA
    (916) 783-7455

Courtyard-Creekside Ridge Dr
    301 Creekside Ridge Ct, Roseville, CA
    (916) 772-3404

Hilton Garden Inn
    1951 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA
    (916) 773-7171

Residence Inn-Mall/Taylor Road
    1930 Taylor Rd, Roseville, CA
    (916) 772-5500

18. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Folks - I have the program and I will post it in pdf format to TS.com tomorrow.

Thanks to Sid Myers for sending me the file.

19. bydnsilly3

bydnsilly3 Member

Just spoke to on of our state directors and he received his copy of the prorgam yesterday. He lives in the Sacramento area. The printer received his copy (something he does to check on the post office) a day or so ago. Remember, he lives in the same town as the post office that was used.

Bill Myers

20. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

All,

David has posted the program to the "Shoots Info" link on the TS.com homepage.

click the link above and the full program including the rules & information pages is there.

Thanks to everybody that helped get this info out there in the public forum.

I was out at Coon Creek again last night and the range looks great, the area out beyond the traps was mowed last night, no more high weeds to interfere with the background.........this is going to be a great shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.