Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calif Golden Bears Celebrate 60th Anniversary

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  grunt 
#1 ·
The California Golden Bears Trap Club, based at Triple B Clays in So. El Monte, California (So. Calif) will be celebrating their 60th anniversary by having a special shoot on saturday May 3, 2008 to honor all past presidents of the Bears. Regretfully even though the club was formed in April 1948 records prior to 1990 are hard to come by. It is my understanding the club nearly died in the middle 80's and because of some die hard shooters were able to get it moving again.

The Bears continue to thrive each month. Not rare to have more than 1 new member monthly. A "normal" saturday brings 100 plus shooters out to compete for cash and other donated awards such as buckles and a lovely necklace for our lady shooters. Our night shoot held on the third wednesday of the month is highly competative with 50 shooters going at it. Year-end awards are given out at our anuual January awards banquet. Not unusual to give out 65 or more belt buckles plus other items.

Triple B has offered to host a fantastic BBQ. The anniversary shoot will be open to all current and past members of the Bears along with their families. ATA shooters are also welcomed as well as new members.

P.S. If anyone knows how to contact Jack Frederickson, Mel Turner, Russ Hastings or any person who at one time was president of the Bears please contact me. Information on our 1993 president (Jesse Riggs) is also needed.
Please mark your calenders as this should be a great day. Our 50th, held on August 29, 1998 was one of the best. Our 60th should be even better. Thanks for listening.

Bob English
1998 President
Golden Bears
(626) 422-7233 (Cell)

See less See more
#6 ·
Jack Frederickson of Cody, Wyoming answered my letter and will try, if health permits, be there. It's going to be an absolute pleasure to present Jack with a beautiful navy sports jacket with his name on it. I havent decided yet but being unsure of the year of his presidency I'm leaning on putting "Papa Bear" under his name and then the Bears logo on the other side. It was shooters like Jack that reared back and forbid the club from folding - permanently.

In addition, I wrote the good folks of Trap & Field and submitted and article about the shoot and it should appear in the May 2008 issue. They printed one I wrote 10 years ago celebrating the Bears 50th anniversary.

Donations of any nature would be greatly appreciated. Bob English

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.