1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Calif. Central Zone Shoot Results

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rmngtngrl, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Well after 42 squads and horrid winds the Central Zone results are in.

MENS TEAM

AAA-Dan Bonillas--200

AA- Jan Torkleson--197

A- Bill Stone-----196

B- Lyle Azevedo---195

C- Alfred Long----186

D- Tony Baker-----186

WOMENS TEAM

Kystyna George---196

Barbie Thorpe----196

Kym Hughes-------196

Lisa Snelling----191

Vicki Craine-----190

VET TEAM

Vet: Dave Bonillas---198

Vet: Larry Hughes----197

Sr. Vet: Freddie Piazza--195

Sr. Vet: Ray Taber----187

Vet: Tom Moore--------195

JUNIOR TEAM

Jr. David Goss----196(David ran his afternoon 100 for his first ever)

Jr. Kyle Rantz----190

Sub Jr. Chase Hughes---195

Sub Jr. Anthony Holmes--191

sub Jr. Alex Reta-------191

Also Allen Pinoli, Myhuntingroom.com, M2D Camo, and Jim VonAllmen are sponsoring a special team for the Zones: This team will consist of the top 5 Male shooters from each zone.

Central Zone Shooters are

Dan Bonillas -200

Dave Bonillas-198

Charlie La Braque-198

Russ Pierce-199

Larry Hughes-197

Good Luck to all shooters and looking forward to the state shoot!!

Kym Hughes

2. calilori

calilori TS Member

Congratulations Kym and Lisa. What a great women's team!!!

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

My hat's off(as were a lot of hats yesterday afternoon) to young David. Shooting 100 straight into a 25-30mph wind took a lot of concentration. Also, a big "thank you" to the Santa Maria Gun Club for putting a great shoot. Even with that many squads, they kept the shoot moving along and did a remarkable job of resetting the targets when the wind came up just before the afternoon session.

And special congratulations to my friend Jan for the AA win. He just is coming back off of extensive right shoulder surgery and is rapidly regaining the form that he displayed last year in putting up one of the top singles averages in the State. I am going to award him Man of the Match for that.

4. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

5. calilori

calilori TS Member

6. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Congratulations Jan! Great shooting! Walt Hastings

7. Full Choke

Full Choke TS Member

The Santa Maria Gun Club gang along with the CGSTA folks did an awesome job running this shoot. Using the “Modified 50” format on Sunday saved a bunch of time. Thanks for your hard work putting on a great shoot and dedication to the sport. Anyone who hasn’t visited the Santa Maria Gun Club needs to give it a try. Bill Stone

8. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Hello Bob....Yes the "Big Dog Brigade" will shoot concurrently with the State Champion Singles...Unless there is time and energy on Friday night...Not quite sure yet but no matter what I am sure that there will be a whole lot of people on the back side of the Score board looking at the incoming results on Saturday!!! Allen, Jim and myhuntingroom along with M2D camo is totally sponsoring this team comptition and next time any of you see Allen or Jim tell them THANKS...this is a very generous thing to do and I am sure this will be a favorite. Good Luck to all the other Zone shooters this weekend in the north and the south...hopefully you wont have the winds that we did....

Kym

9. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Well I for one hope that both the Northern and Southern Zones are well attended. The Speical High Gun Team that is being sponsored by MyHunting Room.com ,Allen Pinoli and Jim VOn Allmen should be fun in addtion to the zone competition that goes on as well...Kym

10. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Congrat's to Lisa S and Vickie as well...and to all of the ladies. You're all a hard act to follow (let alone emulate).

Not sure how attendance will be at the Northern Zone this weekend. Coon Creek usually has great turnouts, however, if attendance at shoots lately is any indication, it could be interesting.

I'll be there, so that's at least 1 shooter! :)

11. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

CONGRATULATION DAN BONILLAS STILL THE GREATEST WIND SHOOTER I

HAVE EVERY SEEN

12. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

I've got plenty of room in my truck John....then the gas is only $2/gallon... Walt

13. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Golly Bob, that sounds swell! I'll spread the word up here..maybe we can charter a bus! Walt

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You start feeding our crowd and you'll go broke. I think Flemmings will do nicely.

15. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Oh can you just the party bus heading into Miramar???? Can I go just to watch!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.