1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Calibrating a digital scale

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dbhackett, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbhackett

dbhackett Member

I have lost my instructions for calibrating my Cabala's XT-1500 scale.Does anyone know how?
    Doug

2. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Do you think it's wrong? If you put a 150 gr. rifle bullet on the scale, what does it read? Try a .230 gr. 45 cal bullet also. Todays modern premium jacketed bullets are damn near exact weight. Cast bullets vary too much.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

With nothing in the pan it should read "0".

Eric

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Pact makes most of them but you need to figure out who and go to their web site for a manual. Ohaus is a possibilty also. I have two balance beams set up to double check

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Some of the scales are self calibrating. Turn it on with the pan empty and if it reads 0 you are go to go. As said above weigh a couple bullets of known weight to make sure it's operating properly. HMB

6. setter

setter Member

Calibration section for the Cabela's XT-1500

I found the instructions below on another forum (for the XT-1500).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Calibration
    a) With the scale turned on and without any weight on the pan, press and hold the "TARE" button until 'CAL-0' is showing.
    b) Press the "TARE" button again. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will begin flashing.
    c) When 'CAL-F' is shown, stack the two 50g weights on the center of the pan and press the "TARE" button. The 'F' in the 'CAL-F' will flash.
    d) When 'CAL-0' is shown again, remove the test weights and press the "TARE" button. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will flash.
    e) When the calibration is finished, the scale will reset.

NOTE: If an error occurs in calibration, the scale will try to re-do the calibration starting from step (b).

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Easier to read format for setter...

Calibration section for the Cabela's XT-1500

I found the instructions below on another forum (for the XT-1500).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Calibration

a) With the scale turned on and without any weight on the pan, press and hold the "TARE" button until 'CAL-0' is showing.

b) Press the "TARE" button again. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will begin flashing.

c) When 'CAL-F' is shown, stack the two 50g weights on the center of the pan and press the "TARE" button. The 'F' in the 'CAL-F' will flash.

d) When 'CAL-0' is shown again, remove the test weights and press the "TARE" button. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will flash.

e) When the calibration is finished, the scale will reset.

NOTE: If an error occurs in calibration, the scale will try to re-do the calibration starting from step (b).

8. dbhackett

dbhackett Member

Thanks everyone, I knew someone here could help me. My scale kept weighing lighter and lighter. I finally figured out the tray was hanging up over the load cell. A little cleaning and Rem Oil cured it, but by that time I had the calibration screwed up.
    Doug

9. setter

setter Member

Thanks Recoil Sissy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cabelas 1500 digital scale instruction

calibrating the xt 1500 digital scale

how to calibrate a set of digital scales from cabelas