1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Calcutta NW Ohio Saturday Feb. 13

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Smoke, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Williams County Gun Club in NW Ohio will hold a non-registered Calcutta on Saturday, Feb. 15, auction at 11:30 a.m.

Club handicap will be determined by subtracting 2 yards from your ATA Handicap yardage. Minimum Club Handicap will be 19 yards. Club Handicap will be adjusted after each non-registered calcutta this winter / spring by adding 2 yards for top score, 1 yard for 2nd high score and 1/2 yard for 3rd high score in the calcutt. Non ATA members will be assigned a Club Handicap of no less than 23 yards.

Calcutta Option is divided 50/30/20% with the buyer receiving 70% and the shooter 30%. Minimum self bid is $10.

Lewis Class divided 60/40 with a minimum of 2 classes.

Ties on all money will divide. Shooting starts at end of auction. Club reserves the right to alter or modify the program. Questions- contact Roger Brenner at 419-583-7133.

Lunch will be available from the youth trapshooting moms.

2. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Williams County Gun Club is located 4 miles south of the Ohio Turnpike I80-90 on State Rt 15, then 1 mile west on Co Rd J. Club is at the NW corner of Rd J and Rd 13.

3. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

New clubhouse is now complete, come visit and join the fun. Great facility and great people.

4. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

5. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Come and enjoy the food and some good shooting. The proceeds of the food that the mother's are making go to the youth program to help pay their way for the Ohio State Shoot and other big shoots. So bring your big appetites and also your gun.

6. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Have no clue who he is:) LOL I'll give you 3 guesses and the first two don't count HAHAHA:)
    Big Papa, hope you can make it up to shoot sometime and see the new building also.

7. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

I believe he is going to be at the calcutta...should be fun. Roger

8. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Dick: Thanks for the kind comments and yes we have some great young shooters who help at the club.

I will do my best to make us a buck with the red suppenders guy...I heard his ole gun broke at a shoot last weekend but I think he had some spare parts in a shoebox in the trunk of his care to fix it!! Roger

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I guess I will have to buy some red suspenders and borrow another gun. See you there.

Don

10. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Big Don: Bring some extra money and we will make a few "investments"!!

I want to remind everyone that there are no mandatory purses...the Williams County Gun Club just wants everyone to come and enjoy. Attendees can shoot the 100 non-registered target event, enter whichever purses they wish, buy a few shooters if they want, eat lunch in a nice new warm clubhouse and more importantly Have Some Fun on a February day. We hope the shoot will be entertaining for all. Roger

11. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Big Don will that bead help on your gun that you lost on our last meat shoot? Well if so, Johnny has found it. So when you come down for the calcutta or when ever we will give it to you.

12. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

Just wanted to know if there is any rules about non shooting buyers?
    Seems kind of od that the shooter has 55.00 entry and shells invested, but the buyer has only bid money and gets 70%.If no rules I"ll leave gun at home and just buy somebody else.

13. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Federal paper: The buyer only shares in the Calcutta purse and auction money...the other options the shooter enters (lewis, purse) are 100% shooter. The shooter has only a $15.00 entry to win 30% of the calcutta payout if someone else buys the shooter-we welcome non-shooting buyers-it makes for a bigger, more successful calcutta purse.

In addition, the almost world famous DUCKDOG will be the auctioneer. I have witnessed DuckDog's eating and shooting skills but I have not witnessed his auctioning ability...should be fun. Roger

14. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

It will be easy for the DuckDog. All he has to do is say " A Big Brown Bear Bit a Big Brown Bug" really fast and then say "sold"!

15. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Roger,

Anytime you mention my name and "SHOOTING SKILLS" in the same sentence you should follow it with the disclaimer "OR LACK THEREOF". Now when it comes to eating, well that is whole different ball game! I will do my best to fill in for the real auctioneer, Big Papa. Hey that old guy wearing the red suspenders looks like Jacque's dad. I wasn't aware that he shot trap. I thought he just pulled the camper around for Jacque. Here is a trivia question for you: If you add the lifetime total registered target count of these two shooters together it currently equals 928,175. Both shooters will be at Williams County on February 13th. Which two shooters?

See ya there,

DuckDog

16. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Have a pretty good guess not even looking it up. Tell me if I'm close. The ole man with the red suspenders and Big Don. That is my guess without looking it up.

17. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

DuckDog: I am sure one is Mr. Red Suspenders and does the second one have something to do with pheasants in the Black Swamp?

Also, at this shoot on Saturday Feb 13th we will have on display this years OSTA Golf Cart and Trailer...DuckDog and myself will be selling the raffle tickets to benefit the OSTA Foundation/scholarship fund. It is a really nice cart with a trailer!! Roger

18. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

tweety,

You are getting warm, but Dandy Don can only contribute a mere 284,550 targets.

Roger,

The Pheasant Master can come up with 435,050, but that is not enough to be included on this list.

Keep guessing!

Don

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Will Willis Anderson be wearing his red suspenders too?

ps: I hate guessing games.

20. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.