1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Calculating reverse score

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coot shooter, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

What is the correct way to calculate a Reverse score winner.
    I have always taken the score of the last sub event, and then if tied go by long run from the 100th target.IE: 2 shooters break 96, 1 shooter had a 24 on his last trap, 1 had a 22. The 24 wins.
    2 shooters break 96, Both shooters had a 24 on their last trap, go by reverse long run.
    Am I correct in my calculations .... It is the way that I have always known it to be done.

If you go strictly by long run from the back, this is NOT a Reverse score.
    IE: 2 shooters tie with 96. 1 has a long run from back of 6, the other has a long run from back of 10. (10 is the winner)
    In my opinion this is not Reverse score .... this is longest run from the back.

Please comment

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I don't know that there are any official rules for this.

The system we used at the Michigan Trapshooting Association when the program stated ties would be broken by reverse score by sub-event was to compare the scores in the last sub-event, then if still tied, compare the scores in the second to last sub-event, etc. If still tied after comparing all sub-events, we'd flip a coin.

3. motrap

motrap Member

Tom is correct (except you should make up before hand whether you split the money and flip for trophy) if still tied .......

Using LONG RUN, in any form, has nothing to do with it, if rules state reverse SCORE.

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If your program states that you will be using reverse score on the last sub-event to decide ties and if still tied than go to reverse long run, then what you are doing is correct.

I agree with motrap. If your program states that you will use reverse score to settle ties then you should go back each sub-event. You should not be using a reverse long run.

May be "reverse score" should be written as "reverse sub-event score(s)".

Jason

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm lost. Probably cause i've only been called for 3 shootoffs in my life and two were no shows by my opponent.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

calculating a reverse score

equation to to reverse score

nbackburner reverse shooter

reverse run in trap shooting

reverse run scoring in trap shooting

reverse score