1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Calculating Averages

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brino, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brino

Brino Member

Looking for help again. How far back do I go on my average card to keep my averages up to date? Is it the last 1000 singles and 500 doubles? or is it for the year. Thanks

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Use the target year starting Sept 1, 2007. The 2007-2008 target year ends October 31, 2008

Eric

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

3rd grade math can be so trying at times....

Curt

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Brino, start a new average card at the beginning of each target year but also bring the previous years card when getting handicapped for a shoot that is early in the target year. We like to see how the shooter has been doing in recent months in addition to the longer term averages. There is a pretty good program offered on this site for your use in keeping your shooting averages up to date.

5. Brino

Brino Member

Thanks for the help

6. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Brino,

The above are referencing ATA rules.

If you are shooting PITA targets, your average is based on the last 1000 singles and last 500 doubles. You also need to throw out any scores that are 10 targets below your average. Check PITA rulebook about the last sentence, going from memory and not 100% sure about the 10 targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.