1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CalamitySJ shot her first 100 straight last night!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Mark just informed me that my friend, Miss Sally, smashed 100 targets in a row last night. WAY TO GO SALLY!

I knew it was coming. Watch now, those 100 straights are gonna be consistent ones from this girl. Great shooting!

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Very good shooting Miss Sally.

Rick in Mt.

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

AWESOME girl. Its starting to appear the student is more talented than the coach :)

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Congratulations Miss Sally!!! No "miss" last night we see!! WTG GURL!! Hap

5. sle081

sle081 Member

Sally
    way to go , congradulations to you !!!!!!!you will have lots more to come , but thre is nothing like the first one.

DOG

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sally is a lovely lady and a great shot. We stand and appaud. Deservedly so.

Jack

7. shrek

shrek Active Member

Good for her!!!!

Keep on keepin' on!

8. Toddy

Toddy Member

Congrats Sally, hope to see you and coach in Hilo in Feb., and I still owe you 2 dinner.

Reg. Todd,

9. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Great shooting Sally! You've only been shooting how long? Congratulations!

Bob and Mary Lou

10. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Wow, thanks Devi and everyone for the kind words. We are out in Appleton muddy to our armpits--our 13 year old is partaking of Youth Waterfowl Day. I can hear the geese taunting me since I am gunless!

I can say that there are three things that led me to my first 100 straight--excellent coaching (my Mark), perfect targets (Buffalo Gun Club, the best little gun club in the nation), and all my friends who kept telling me to stop overanalyzing everything and JUST SHOOT.

Now I just need to do it again, and this time make sure they're registered targets too! Coach, I think I'm going to need another pallet of those Estates.........

Sally

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Kudos to Sally; obviously surrounded by good folks. Hope y'all pile up more and more of the hundreds.....Bob Dodd

12. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

There are tremors in the Hilo area and they are not coming from any seismographic activity. Gonna be a good time in Feb.. Congrats Sally; Bill H.

13. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Hi Calamity, great shooting on your first 100 straight. I hope to see you Sunday to congratulate you in person. Great Shooting

Keith

14. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Keith,

We went pheasant hunting Sunday and came home with our bag limit plus one wriggling yellow lab puppy! A new baby is the LAST thing we need in our lives right now but all the planets aligned and it was an opportunity we couldn't refuse. The game farm we were at is also a training facility for hunting dogs--her sire is a Master Hunter and she was born on Canada Day, so it was destined to be. The whole ride home she snuggled up to Coach, usurping my position but I graciously conceded victory. Look at that face!

Sal
    [​IMG]

15. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Ha! Sometimes in every coachs life a perfect student comes along. Miss Sally started off slow with just two birds her 1st round. Now she beats the coach on occasion. I am pleased as can be that she can beat me! I await the next time and all there after and hope she beats me everytime she shoots.

Sally is a real keeper and a very good shot. I had to marry her. I converted her from a anti gun, anti hunter to a gun toting coach of shooting in one year.

Mark.

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

What a pretty puppy. What did y'all name her?

17. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

That's a short but funny story. The first day we had her, the kids had her outside and our daughter kept calling her Lady. I said, "No hunting dog of ours is going to be called Lady, for crying out loud. Let's give her a good solid name, something easy to say in the field that will be different from the other dogs when you call her."

Flash forward to the next morning, and Coach comes over and sits on the edge of the bed and says, "I'll be taking her into work with me every day and she needs a name. What should we call her?" I told him that the kids were calling her Lady but that was too lame and wouldn't do. Coach looked at me with those big puppy dog eyes of his own and quietly told me, "That was MY dog's name when I was a boy."

To which I replied, "Lady it is!!"

So now we have three ecstatic teenagers, one besotted Coach and a gorgeous 11-week old yellow lab named Lady.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.