1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Calamity Jane Outlaw Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rocktire, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocktire

rocktire Member

Shoot held at Princeton, MO Fairgrounds

[​IMG]

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Sally, they are calling your name...LOL!!!

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Oh my gosh, I'll be right down! It can't be far from Minnesota to Missouri, right?

Devi, saddle up the horses, pick me up on your way to Kansas and let's show them how it's done.

4. recurvyarcher

Boy, I wish I could. I think it's going to take a lot longer for the tendonitis to go away than I had thought. :-(

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

No problem. I'll shoot, we'll take our winnings and buy peach pie. I love it when a plan comes together!

Seriously, this looks like a lot of fun! And what an excellent name for it too.

6. recurvyarcher

We should seriously include this when we plan our shooting circuit for next year. We need 3 more girls.

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Hey can I be on the team if I wear a skirt???

8. DANKIM

DANKIM TS Member

What's a SLIDER, we like to shoot games at ower club, always lookin for new ones.

9. recurvyarcher

Martin, only if you declare Lady category.

10. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

You have to admit, he really looks good when he cleans up.. .HONEST !!

[​IMG]

11. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

slider--- probably atarting at 19 then 21, 23,25,27 then change stations and move forward starting at the 27 moving to the 19 move stations and then back again. some people call it walking international or a bunch of other names.

12. rocktire

rocktire Member

Our version of a slider starts at the 16 then when you get through the line of shooters the 20, 24, 28, and on and on until we reach the club house or decide to stop. Longest I have shot in one is 60 yards from the trap. Good times.

By the way Calamity Jane was born in Princeton, MO. Calamity Jane days have been going on for a lot of years and is a real hoot.

13. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I've got to tell you all, this shoot is going to have to be on my calendar for next year! I was always called Calamity Jane, not because of any shooting ability, but because I was so clumsy I was forever falling down and detaching my retina. Or two.

Do you have any more info on the shoot? How many people usually attend? And is there FOOD???

14. rocktire

rocktire Member

This is our first year having the shoot. Not sure how many will attend, but I am guessing less than 50 people. We are a new club and only have one trap house. The whole town will be full of people, vendors and yes lots of food. Not at the gun club but very close by. It is always the third week of september if you want to plan for next year. We will continue to have it.

15. recurvyarcher

I've been tellin' y'all that Martin had pretty legs, but nobody believed me.

Up for the shoot...

16. rocktire

rocktire Member

Thanks for the bump, recurvy.

17. rocktire

rocktire Member

18. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Calamity, outlaws, women.... sounds like my kind of gig!

Don't know about the Pmaster thing tho.... I've had the unfortunate opportunity to see those hairy appendages attached to his feet.

Guy Babin

19. recurvyarcher

What hair? All I see are pheasant feathers.

[​IMG]

20. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Did I hear "Targets" and Calamity used in the same sentence. You set the targets, I'll bring my hairy legs and tote along CalamitySJ the third week of Sept. next year. Devi can you and Martin meet us? We'll tear up the sky with some fancy trick shooting. Sally could use a little R&R by then. Our schedule is packed full for next year and getting fuller by the day. Mo. isn't that the "show me" state?

Sally's got a itchy trigger finger and is really pineing to shoot something. Geese are slow, ducks are two weeks away, pheasants three weeks and doves are puny! Food, Poker and targets sound great! We'll be ready to saddle up and ride! By the way recurvey, Sally broke her 1st 100 last night! Yea HA!!!

Mark
    aka "Coach"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.