1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cal. St. Shoot: Behind Scenes Supporters...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Of course what would a Cal. State Shoot be without this "Ironman" usually behind the windows...Norm Volponi, this (Cola, lemonade, wine, beer, water or???) is for you.

2. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

Great shot of a fine gentleman. Always a big smile and loaded with wisdom. The best man on the squad sheet I have experienced. We are fortunate to know him. His wife is a peach as well. Steve

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Norm and Jane are the greatest!!!
    We are neighbors. Have known them since 1969.

Mike C.

4. lowbaselarry

lowbaselarry Member

Norm is the greatest! When I first started shooting trap, Norm always put me on a good squad. Always. Many of these same people are still my good friends to this day. My wife and I were invited to dinner this past week and were fortunate to be in his presence. Besides being a first class human being he is a wealth of information. I could listen to him tell stories for hours. It's a shame we had to leave as I start to nod off after about 3PM,sometimes during the last 25. It would be great if he could put his stories in print. He reminded me of Dick Baldwin who wrote "Road To Yesterday", a trapshooting classic. Dick Baldwin, whom I didn't really know too well, was a first rate individual, just like Norm. I am a nobody in trapshooting but he, like Norm,talked to me like I was a somebody. Norm has experience in writing and has the talent to undertake such a challenge and do a great job. I would be pleased to have an autographed copy.

Larry Marvier

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

mmm, given that, I must add that the picture is part of the "David Buchman collection" only half jokingly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.