1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caitlin Barney from Schreiner University captures

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by txnlegacy, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txnlegacy

txnlegacy TS Member

Caitlin Barney from Schreiner University captures National Collegiate Championship at the 41st ACUI Clay Target Championships

Schreiner University Freshman, Caitlin Barney, 19, Ingram won the Gold Medal in women’s international trap on Thursday, March 19, 2009 at the National Collegiate Championship at the 41st ACUI Clay Target Championships, held in San Antonio, TX. The National title also earns Caitlin a berth on the 2009 USA National Shotgun Development Team.

Caitlin Barney shot a 113 out of 125 targets total score to win the National Championships. “When I went up to meet the other shooters on my squad, no one had ever heard of Schreiner University, but I’ll bet they remember the Schreiner name now ” Barney said after the match. “The fact that I won this event AND put Schreiner on the National Map made it just that much more special.” “Coach Bill Thomas is a terrific mentor and truly helps educate Schreiner and all of Kerrville of the wonderful opportunities for shooting available.”

Barney went into the finals round in first place with a score of 92,only a one target lead away from second place. Caitlin shot a solid final round of 21 out of 25 targets to win the National Champion title by two targets. Fellow Schreiner University team-member, Kelsey Zauhar, also made it into the finals round. Kelsey shot an impressive 87 out of 100 and an 18 final.
    Thirty-seven schools and over 300 shooters participated in the event. Sara Simpson from Lindenwood University came in 2nd place. Rounding out the top three was Danielle Schuster from George Mason University.

Get results from the ACUI Clay Target Championships and learn more at http://www.acui.org/content.aspx?menu_id=14&id=380.

Today Caitlin boarded an airplane to Ft. Benning, GA to compete in the USA Spring Selection Match. USA Shooting National Shotgun Coach, Mark Weeks, will also use this match to assist him in selecting some World Cup positions in 2009. Caitlin’s next goal is to capture one of those spots. The Spring Selection Match will be held on Tuesday, March 24, 2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
    Checked by AVG.
    Version: 7.5.549 / Virus Database: 270.9.10/1811 - Release Date: 11/25/2008 8:29 AM

2. houmike

houmike TS Member

Congratulations Caitlin! People like you are just what this sport needs- great young people getting involved in a great sport.

Mike

3. Chip Pitcairn

Chip Pitcairn TS Member

I can't seem to get the link to work, Caitlin and Kelsey are both very impressive young women. I have shot with them both and it is very humbling but I always learn a lot.

4. stockguy

stockguy Member

Good shooting Caitlin and Kelsey!

Greg Hissem

5. txnlegacy

txnlegacy TS Member

All,

Thank you for the support!!

Deb Barney

6. txnlegacy

txnlegacy TS Member

7. ljutic231