1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cains 9-9-9- Plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by shot410ga, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You all better get your pencils out. The 9-9-9- plan would be the biggest hustle ever imposed on the American people. Talk about the rich getting richer, WOW. Who's driving this guy---the News Media because of the sound bites, homey sayings, one liners, and talk show Bullshit?

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Grover Norquist, Grand Poobah of the tea party, doesn't like 9-9-9.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/norquist-9-9-9-puts-three-needles-taxpayer-arm

3. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

shot410ga...tell me how you figure this? if you have money to spend then you will be paying more taxes..if you cannot then the added income from paying less income tax will allow you to better pay your bills.Do you like continually paying taxes on a car,house, boat whatever when the feds have already made tax dollars off of it.Your probably just another liberal friend of mrsskeet410 that feels thay have to attack Herman Cain because you know that your muslim president doesnt have a chance in hell against him,so now the attacks begin! Be afraid,be very afraid!!!!!!

4. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

At least the bums who pay no taxes now would have to pay under that plan every time they bought something. The problem I see with it is that the states that have sales taxes aren't going to stop charging them.9% plus 6% in ky equals 15% on your purchases.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Hey Michmoe - It was Grover Norquist, Grand Poobah of the tea party, that objected to Cain's 9-9-9-. Grover is neither my friend nor is he a liberal.

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Hey Keet, you said that I was the grand poobah of the tea party, can't you get your story straight? Typical cluless liberal fool.

7. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

And Reagans top economic advisor is calling the plan "brilliant".But I'm sure you liberals know better.Yep,the rich are going to get richer by having to pay tax on all the stuff they can afford to buy while the less fortunate have more money from their checks to pay bills with and can only afford to buy second hand cars which will no longer be be taxed unlike the rich who can afford to buy a new vehicle on a constant basis and be taxed for it.Makes sense to me,you'll have to do better then that to discredit Mr. Cain.Maybe shot410ga you can explain to me how this plan is in the best interest of the wealthy?

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

michmoe: I am no liberal, and want Obammy out of office ASAP. However, concerning Cain; I can add and subtract and a 9% flat tax on someone making $500,000 would be an incredible wind fall. Considering they may be paying 35% or more today. Whereas, for someone making $30K a year it would be a disaster. Where I live the sales tax is 9.5%. Add 9% to that and were talking about 18.5% sales tax. Low income people which represent about 60% of the population can't afford that. And no, I'm not low income, nor a Democrat. In case you haven't heard the average income has gone down 7.5% in the last decade. So, wake up BOZO and get real

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

MRS. KEET NOT A LIBERAL- now that's a good one. LMAO

10. Rooksd1

Rooksd1 Member

You are now paying 15.3 percent fica and 3 percent medicare. Thats 18 percent before taxes that would be wiped out. ad 9 percent income and 9 percent sales tax and you are back at 18 and that is it. Easy and uncomplicated unlike the 70,000 page tax code we have now.

11. Rooksd1

Rooksd1 Member

GE paid no taxes for 2010, under 9-9-9 they would have paid 720,000,000 in Corp. tax.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

With a combined fair tax plan, the money sitting in banks would get spent and enter the economy. Right now "rich" people aren't doing anything with their money because of the economic Einstein and his staff in the Whitehouse and congress fighting over what to do.

Uncertainty causes eveyone with money to suck in their horns till they know how the new tax laws will affect them and their money. When they can make calculated decisions based on facts (tax law), both business and banks will better consider their future risks.

If you want to get "rich", it's simple...start your own business. It's a peice of cake!

13. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

I am certainly no high level ecomomist or anything of the sort. Many complainers about Cain's 9-9-9 plan (which I am for) exclaim that it is "unfair." Will somebody please explain to me how a tax that taxes EVERYONE the same is "unfair"? Or, better yet, please explain to me how somebody pays NO tax on their income while the next guy, because of his circumstances, pays say 35% tax on his is "fair"? I'm calling "bull$h^t!!" on the existing tax plan and hope that Cains' 9-9-9 plan, or something similar gets traction and soon.

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

What we have now is definitely not fair, when 20% of wage erners pay 86% of the federal income tax (2006)and about 1/2 of wage earners pay none.
    I am not sure if I support the 9-9-9, but I am pretty sure there will be a lot more taxes levied by the states county and cities.

Under the 9-9-9 the money I paid into social security the last 40 years that has already been subject to income tax will be taxed again when I spend it. also any money that I have managed to save that has already been subject to income tax will be taxed again when I spend it. Any money that I have contributed to a ROTH IRA will be taxed again when I spend it. also does the 9% consumption tax include everything you spend money on (food, property taxes, another 9% on top of all the taxes already on gasoline)?

Rooksd1, as far as GE not paying any tax in 2010 and then paying 720 million under the 9-9-9- plan that 720 M. will be passed right on to the consumer, YOU and ME. Corporation do not pay taxes, if they do they just pass the expense on.

The devil is in the details.

Robert

15. pweld

pweld TS Member

I don't know about you but as a 100% disabled vet I live on a fixed income. There has been no cost of living raise for the last two years. If there is another 9% sales tax on top of what I already pay I will only buy the very essential needs. I cannot work wish I could! There are a lot of the older generation that would suffer with another 9% sales tax.

Paul Welden

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

But, But.............What about all those poor IRS agents, analysts, and accountants who would have to go to work at meaningful labor?

Oh, the unfairness of it all!

HM

17. Rooksd1

Rooksd1 Member

Good points, I guess getting rid of the current system is something we all agree on.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The current system sucks but they have been talking about changing it for many years, and as usual nothing gets done

What it comes down to is people saying things that they know there is no way in hell it's going to happen just to get the votes

19. thunder

thunder Active Member

I don't care what party or what candidate wants to add a Value Added Tax, it will kill all of us on a fixed income. If the republicans adopt 9 9 9 they are going to dig themselves into another hole they can't get out of, just like they did with McCain. Give a politician 1 penny and the rest of them will take a dollar.

Obama has to get beaten in 2012 but the 9 9 9 isn't the answer. Cain needs to drop the last 9 before I will think about voting for him.

Just think of paying 9% on all food, add 9% on buying a house, add another 9% on our current 5.5 current state and county tax in Wisconsin to buy a car. Where in Gods name will it end.

The Republicans need to read our lips NO NEW TAXES you IDIOTS / LESS SPENDING you IDIOTS. They just don't hear us or get it!

20. wproct

wproct Member

9-9-9 makes for a catchy campaign slogan, but the more it is researched the less popular it will be. JMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.