1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caeser Guerini guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by partygirl, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

How are these guns? Any opinions?

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My opinion? They have BY FAR the greatest marketing department that the gun industry has EVER seen.

JMHO

3. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

My opinion? They really are as good as their marketing and their service is first rate!

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

12 gauge kicks me, but I love their subgauge guns, especially the 32" barrels.
    Service is excellant. Added barrels twice (410 & 28). Both times took 2 weeks.

5. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Have to agree with Tron.

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My wife shoots the Summit Combo and has been good to her. Jake

7. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

I have a Summit combo, and I really like it. It doesn't kick me, but it may just fit me. As for marketing, I don't know, are there any All Americans shooting them and singing there praises for marketing yet? Seriously, I don't know.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They are not dumb. shoving your way into the P & K gun niche is probably a lot better than trying to outdo Beretta.

My opinion: Something will have to give, not enough room for all these players.

Then there is the durability factor, which the established marques have under control.

What will a Magnus unsingle look like after 75 thousand rounds? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

HM

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

We have been shooting about 300 rds per week since last years grand and her summit is still good as new. She is starting to kick my butt so I,m off to practice. Jake

10. qball

qball TS Member

I see some respected members are thinking these are hype. Is there anything in particular that makes you think this? I have read they have a lifetime transferable warranty, good customer service. The durability aspect is the big question for me.

I was looking at a Magnus Sport for clays.....

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Best service in the industry.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There is a lot of competition in that price range, as well as many many used guns, and fewer buyers. But, they are trying. I just saw where they now have a release trigger as an option. Good advertising. However quoting "Sports Afield" (cheap junk rag) is not going to gain any shooters in the Trap world.

13. qball

qball TS Member

The negatives I have heard are from people who heard of someone who had this issue, etc.... Never first hand. The people I have talked or chatted with who own are very happy. FYI, all have been sporting guns for clays, never talked with anyone regarding the trap line.

14. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Kory Shissler, captain of the PA junior team and three or four time all American, shoots one very well. Several other shooters at our club also shoot them, and like them very much. I have only put 5 shots through one and most likely will buy one.

15. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I have the Summit combo and I really like it so far.

Recoil doesn't seem horrible, I'd say seems pretty much like any other gun.

The modified choke really seems to smoke them from 16.

Overall seems like it will be a good gun although I've only shot maybe 600 rounds through it.

Wood is nicer than what it shows on the web page.

16. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Had a Summit Limited 20-28 combo and now have a Maxum 20-28 combo. Wes Lang and the folks at Guerini are first rate. Had a problem once with the forend release not wanting to work on the first set of barrels. Had to send it to the factory, they got in on a Friday and sent it back the same day. Mailed it to them On a Wed and got it back on the following Tues.

While they had it, they made some trigger update that had come along since I purchased the set. No charge.

17. Jim Graham

Jim Graham TS Member

I bought the Summit unsingle from Bob Shultz in Jan. 08. I've now shot approx. 5000 targets with it. I shot a stainless BT 100 before this gun. The difference is like night & day. I was fitted by "The Country Gentleman" (Todd) & have shot the Summit well since. The wood is much better than I expected. The rib & comb adjustments were very easily done & have stayed put since the initial adjustments. It is lighter than the BT-100, however, the recoil is very light. I have had no issues with this gun so far. I think this gun is a great value at it's price point.

Jim

18. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

multiple JR and SJ all american shane richarson of CO shoots one and shoots it well

19. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

My dad just got one in a Magnus 32" over-under.Here are some things that stand out.Bob Schultz is an excellent dealer,Everone I spoke with at CG was very helpful and did not have an attitude like they we doing me a favor selling me a shotgun.I have had several conversations at the corporate office.Thier service policy is excellent.There are 2 other shooters at my local club that have recieved the quality advertised service.I feel that CG is doing in the shotgun market what Kimber did when they first broke on to the market with thier Oregon made 1911 pistols,which was compete in the market by offering excellent value for the price point of thier guns.To say where they will be many thousands of rounds from now?My dad intends to find out and I dont thinks he will be dissapointed.If I wasnt shooting a K-80 Trap Special I would more than likely be shooting a CG Maxim Combo.Sincerly George JR. Montana

20. ink ball

ink ball Member

I've had my Guerini Magnus trap combo for about 2 months now...I have quickly determined that it is by far the best trap gun that I've ever owned. Very soft recoil for me. I think it is the best deal on the market in a trap combo. Having an adjustable rib on the O/U barrel is a definite plus...I have also owned the Beretta 682 Unsingle combo and Browning unsingle combo. Both of those are good guns, but the Guerini is definitely a cut above, in my opinion. With the CG, You get pretty much the same features of a K80 Trap Special at half the price. Another similarity between Krieghoff and Caesar Guerini is outstanding customer service.

I wondered about the marketing hype, too. You see full page ads on the back page of many gun/sporting magazines...They must have a large advertising budget. But as far as the Guerini's being good guns, yes, they are for real. Fit and finish is exceptional as well.

Time will tell on the longeivity of these guns...but I sure plan to find out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.