1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Gureini ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jerry chipman, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

Has anyone shot enough shells through one of these guns to pass judgement good or bad. Jerry

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I shot 49/50 with a release demo at the Grand. It was set about 80/20 which was just flat enough not to get the one. I thought it handled well and looks very solid. I think the wood on even the bottom grade is far superior to most others upgrade. The release was sweet.

3. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I shot one this trap season, replaced an SKB and a browning XT.The Caesar is very much like a perrazzi in looks and feel, you can tell they copied several things. I seemed to work very well, I shoot the base gun with out doing anything to the stock, my averages are up in doubles, singles, and I moved 2.5 yards in caps. So far perfect! I really workes great for double with the adjustable rib, and high rib. The trigger in also better than most lower priced guns. I als think its a great buy for someone that wants the a 12-15K gun but just doesn't have the money,

4. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Bought a Summit 34" back in early July. My scores have been going nowhere but UP. With 3000 rds through the gun no problems so far. The low felt recoil amazes me. I'm sensitive to getting slapped in the cheek and the CG doesn't hurt me at all.

Personally I feel the CG trapguns are a bargain.

FN in MT

5. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

I have a 32", O/U Summit trap that I am selling, with factory release/pull trigger. This gun has been used very little, and has the warranty card, that has not been filled out. The wood on this gun is outstanding. It comes with tools, five choke tubes, and factory hard case. Price $4200 plus shipping and ins. Phone 516-446-2482.

George Olsen

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My wife has been shooting one a year now. Just had the annual done. She is moving up to a Kolar and wants to sell it. It is a Summit combo 32,30 with factory case and tools. $5500 to your ffl. Send me a pm if you have interest. Jake

7. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I shot some targets with one out at my club this week. I have to say I was very impressed. It is a very light gun and I expected it to kick like a mule. I have to say the recoil was very low. The gun came up to the target very smooth and crushed it with a Mod choke tube. I was shooting factory AA 1 1/8 shells. I have to say if the gun holds up it is a great deal. I know they are big in sporting clays and they shoot much hotter shells then we do so I would bet they hold up.

For the price I would say its a great deal. I sure like it better then any Browning or Beretta O/U I have owned. I am not sure I would say its a Kolar or a Krieghoff but for the price who would expect it to be.

Dave

8. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

CG makes a pretty solid gun, but I work at a sporting clays course (don't worry, most of the money goes to trapshooting) and we had a bunch for try guns. Some of them had trigger problems. Something hung up and the trigger would seem to be "stuck," the gun would get opened and when it was closed again, the firing pin for the first barrel dropped. Repeatedly, too, my buddy told me his finger was not on the trigger, which is what he thought happened when it happened the first time, but made sure it wasn't. I noticed the stocks on the 12-gauge sporters had a lot of grain in the pistol grips, and yep, you guessed it, A LOT of them started to split, although I haven't noticed that kind of grain on the guns I've seen in stores, though, so that could just be an isolated incident. Like I said, we had a lot of them and a lot of shells get put through them and they get beat up a lot (90% of our guests have never touched a gun before). So, I wouldn't worry tooooo much about the reliability of the guns. What bothers me is I can pick one up and shoot it, and it will be fine. However, when I pick the CG up next to it, it beats the hell out of me! I haven't really taken the time to look at the stocks and see what's different, but I can tell you it is something. It's bad enough I won't take some of the guns out with guests in case I need to show them something. All in all, they're nice guns, but I have some issues with them that would keep me from buying one. Remember, these are sporting clays guns, the trap guns may be different. I tried a trap gun (an O/U) out at the PA State Shoot last year or the year before that, and it didn't hurt me, but the recoil was enough to knock me off a bit more than I would want for a doubles gun, the next gun with a different stock might be a different story, I'd shoot THE EXACT gun you were going to buy before you buy it, though.

9. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I shot one last year at the Ohio state shoot and it kicked like a dam mule. I also didn't like the mechanics of the gun. I had the rep take the gun apart and the trigger mechanism looked like it was built cheap. The steel upon closer inspection was not high quality, especially on smaller parts, next time you look at one take a closer look at the lever. I personally wouldn't buy one, instead I would go with a browning or beretta.

10. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Well at last a gun expert, K Gun, who can tell steel quality by looking at it. Judge mechanics when he shoots a K Gun with more trigger parts than almost any gun. The only part in a Gureini trigger that is not a machined part is the ejector kicker. I have over 6000 rounds thru mine and I love it. TheFew

11. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

Best gun I ever bought, I've been thru 3 guns this year, I've owned A
    BT-100, BERETTA 303, BERETTA 391 NCP, REMINGTON 3200, 2- KS5'S and with everyone of them I had trouble with them kicking me in the face, but not anymore!!!!!! Traded all my guns for this one... None of them shot as soft as this C.G. Pat

12. MOUNT-1

MOUNT-1 TS Member

i shoot the summit combo, had greg hissem fit the stock and add adj. butt plate, mild recoil !! over 7000 rds. love it!! can you smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

13. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit Trap that I shot about 3000 rounds in 3 months. It is the best shooting gun I had so far. The gun is just starting open uo easy. I would say buy one you cant go wrong. This gun is a very soft shooter.

14. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Did anyone mention the life time guarantee and free yearly checkup!
    Joe

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Got one on order!

16. Trapshooter-Mom

Trapshooter-Mom TS Member

I just purchased a Summit Trap Combo for my 12 year old son. He's been shooting since January and took the gun out of the box put in the MOD chock and went out and shot a 90 in singles and then shot another 90 in Handicap at 19 yards. He loves the gun since it is light and has less kick than his Browning XT. We are taking him to get the stock cut down so he can get a better view down the tall rib so I think he is only going to get better. So far we have 200 rounds through the gun and we have two 90's. I would say buy one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.