1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

-------CAESAR GUERINI--------------

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wbill, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbill

wbill Member

Does anyone know if the o/u barrels of a Guerini combo will shoot as high as the unsingle barrel? And do the o/u barrels shoot at the same POI or does the bottom barrel shoot a little higher than the top? Bill

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The O/U barrels will shoot to 100% and the unsingle to just a tad under 120% high. Both barrels in the OU shoot to the same point.

Hope that helps,

Bob Schultz

3. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Bill,

The unsingle and the OU barrels have adjustable ribs.

The OU barrels seem to have the same POI when put on paper at 13 yds.

I have my Summit combo set up so the unsingle shoots a highr POI than the OU barrels.

I am a one eyed shooter and hold a low gun for singles but a high gun for doubles.

It works for me but may not work for others.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving,

Dr. Honk

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Mr. Schultz will give you correct advise & also sell you a gun. Better check him out. He knows his guns.!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

I have a Caesar Guerini Magnus combo 34" US and 32" O/U. The O/U barrels are parallel. That is they both shoot to the same point of impact. I have all three barrels set to shoot 100% high at 35 yds.

Michael Stephenson

6. wbill

wbill Member

The reason I was asking this question is I was thinking of buying just the o/u to shoot every thing with. Sense I shoot about a 80% to 90% POI I was worried if the o/u would shoot high enough for me. Also sense I have not shot one yet can anyone tell me if you have a problem with face slap with this gun? Bill

7. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I shoot a Guerini O/U for doubles and also have a sporting O/U. Both fit me very well, the recoil is modest and slap is not an issue. I would suggest using a 7-8 ounce in-stock recoil device (eg. Dead Mule), as it improves the balance/handling (imho) as well as dampening felt recoil.

WNCRob

8. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

WBILL,

I am very sensitive to face slap....I have a K-80 skeet gun with 3/8" of cast off and I can barely shoot 1 oz 12's without it bothering me after 50 or 75 rds. Tried to shoot the K80 for trap and even w/1 oz beats me up too much.

Tried a CG Summit with a 34" unsingle and loved it. ZERO and I mean ZERO face slap. I'm shooting 3 dram NITRO 27's for Hcp!! With 1 oz loads perceivable recoil is very light.

Recently sent it in for 32" o/u tubes. Going to buy a few open ct's and try it for skeet. Very happy with the CG.

FN in MT

9. wbill

wbill Member

One more item about the CG. I like the looks of the Magnus but am thinking the finish will not hold up on it. I have seen so many case colored Perazzi's wear off so quickly. Has anyone had this problem with this gun and also do the side plates stay put or do they get lose?

10. ink ball

ink ball Member

wbill

The case color seems to be pretty durable. Until very recently (Friday), I had a Magnus trap combo. After putting a few thousand rounds through the gun, the case coloring on the back of the receiver had very little wear. Sure, you could see where the imprints of the shell bases, but it definintely had not worn through the case color. Now...on the outside finish, the case color is protected by a lacquer finish. I think if you send the gun in periodically for the "Pit Stop" program, I'd just have them re-lacquer the finish at that time. I think the case color will last forever if the lacquer protection is maintained.

The side plates absolutely stay put. The do not loosen.

The gun I traded in is in mint condition...not a mark on it anywhere, and has some very nice figured wood. Its a 34/32 combo. I put a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad on this gun (which is much nicer than factory pad) and also put a graco mercury recoil reducer in the butt stock. This made the already soft shooitng gun feel like a 28 gauge! If you are intersted in this gun, Guns Unlimited in Omaha has the gun for sale for $5999. It also comes with a 2 barel Caesar Guerini Americase that cost about $450.
    The only reason I got rid of this gun is because I decided to get a K80. Otherwise, I would have kept it forever. Would make a nice gun for someone looking for a Magnus trap combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.