1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dustquest, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustquest

dustquest TS Member

I was at my local gun dealer today and looked at a Caesar Guerini Summit Trap Gun. Does anyone have any feedback on the company or model?

Thanks!

2. dustquest

dustquest TS Member

Kyle,

Thanks!

I bought a BT99 for my son and an XT Trap for myself last year. We are loving the sport and want to start shooting doubles (which is tough with a BT99!).

Anyway, I was thinking about giving him the XT and buying a new gun. If you have any advise on model, price and/or dealer... I would appreciate any advise you have.

Thanks again Kyle.

Chuck D

3. ink ball

ink ball Member

Geez, Kyle...Great minds think alike! I have a 12 gauge Summit Sporting, a 20/28 gauge Summit Sporting Combo, and a Caesar Guerini trap combo....only mine is a the Magnus instead of the Summit. Great guns...

Chuck...the Summit Trap combo would be a superb choice. Or, if you just want an O/U, the Summit O/U would be a good choice. The CG O/U trap models have an adjustable rib...a feature that you don't find on too many guns. Perazzi and Krieghoff are one that come to mind that do offer this feature, so the CG is in good company. For me, the CG O/U is the best trap doubles gun I've ever owned. It almost feels like the gun breaks targets all on its own...

As far as where to buy, I got good deals at both Hi-Grade Shooters and at Scheels...I've heard that Indiana Gun Club is very nice to deal with, as well.

The Caesar Guerini people are really great to deal with.

4. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Talk with Bob Schultz at Target Shotguns. (One of the advertisers on this site) http://www.targetshotguns.com/

He picked out a great gun for me....shipped it quick and gave me the best deal I could find! I love mine!

5. jamsmotorhead

jamsmotorhead Member

Check with Glenn Kowalchik. I believe he won this year's California State Shoot Singles Championship shooting a Caesar Guerini. He ran the 200 then ran another 200 in the shoot-off. The gun didn't let him down and I'm pretty sure he was happy with the results.
    I tried one, during the CA State Shoot, and found it to be a well balanced, easy swinging gun with recoil comparable to my Perazzi DB81. The engineering seemed pretty precise and trigger was smooth without any slop or creep. The finish on all the visible metal parts was well done. The wood was only average on the model I tested. The only obvious problem was the recoil pad. It was way too slick and slid around on my shoulder, causing me to re-mount the gun several times. This would be an easy fix. I was happy with the way it pointed and I shot 24x25 with it in the only round I shot.
    It wasn't a P-gun, but it didn't cost what a P-gun would cost either. The gun was being sold with what sounded like a great warranty. I'm not going to trade in my Perazzi for one, but if I was starting out new I would give it serious consideration. Jon Ackerman.

6. dustquest

dustquest TS Member

Thank you folks!! I really appreciate the feedback!

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Chuck, sent you a PM. Jake Jacobs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cesar guerini gun companys

is caesar guerini a good trap gun

trap shooting guns for sale guerini