1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wolfee, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

I recently acquired a CG Summit trap combo. I was wondering if anyone else has shot these or known anyone who has, and how they hold up. I know it is a heck of a time to be asking seeing how the deal has been done, but I am just curious what to expect. I love the gun, it was used, but not shot a lot. wolfee

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Purchased one from Bob Schultz at the Grand last year for my wife. We, she, has had terrific service from it. No problems at all. Gret gun. Jake Jacobs

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

One guy at the club has one and had release triggers put in it.

It has been back three times for trigger problems but he loves it otherwise. He uses it for doubles and does very well with it.

It is a nice looking gun.

Don

4. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Don,
    Could you post the name of the guy that he had to send it back three times to.

Thanks
    George Olsen

5. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

Frank Woods

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

George,
    I do not think it is appropriate for me to post his name without his approval.

His trigger was not done by the factory but I understand the factory has agreed to "take care of him" once the factory releases are ironed out. If that is true, it speaks highly of CG - it may also indicate the guy involved is no lightweight at this game and pissing him off would be poor PR (I doubt CG would care much if I had the problem).

Frankly, I think the gun needs to prove itself. Time will tell.

Don

7. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Wolfee

I also purchased a Caesar Guerini Summit Trap Combo. I have shot ~ 1200 targets so far and like the gun very much.

It took awhile for me to dial it in but it now shoots where I point it. Very soft recoil even with Nitro 27 shells.

I like the high rib. Being a one eyed shooter, it allows me to acquire the target much faster than with the BT-99's I shot previously.

The only thing I do not like is the silver mid bead. It was difficult for me to see when I mounted the gun. I have put some white nail polish on it as a temporary fix until I can get it replaced.

Customer service has been excellent with the folks in Cambridge, MD

Dr. Honk

8. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

I saw the un single gun in the Bass Pro shop in Las Vegas. The question I had was what is the rib made of. Is it some type of plastic or a light weight metal?

9. mike c

mike c TS Member

I recently spent the morning with Wes Lang at the Maryland office. I was very impressed to say the least. If you are concerned about service, don't be. They will do just about anything to make their customers happy. If the fellow mentioned with the release triggers had used factory triggers I know there would have been no problems from the start. I have the Magnus combo and love it. I interesting fact about their guns is they have never needed to replaced a firing pin. You can call Victoria in Maryland anytime and she will answer any questions you may have. Yes, they actually enjoy talking to customers. Try that with Browning or some of the other factories.
    mike c

10. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

To those of you who have had factory experience with CS, does it matter if I am not the original owner on how I get treated with problems? I hope not.
    wolfee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini las vegas