1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Johnpic, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Now that you Guerini trap gun owners have had time to put a few hundred rounds through your gun, could you please give an update on its performance. I'm thinking of buying one but don't know of any here in Boise ID. to try. How's the recoil?
    Thank you, John

2. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Hi John

My gun operates flawlessly, action closes very easily although gun is tight, triggers have no creep in them and feel light on the squeeze. Recoil is good not harsh at all. A very nice gun overall, looks like and feels like a gun costing 3 times as much.

Hope this helps
    Tony

3. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thanks Tony

John

4. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

John

Talk to Bob Schultz of Target shotguns. Nice guy, easy to deal with and good pricing. this is where my lovely bride purchased mine.

Tony

5. jackaroo

jackaroo TS Member

guerini is best gun i have shot, other guns feel like a club compared to the guerini.

6. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

CRAP!!!!! Recoil was excessive, parts looked cheap.

7. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

st8shuter I thought it was a XT to a 99 to a 391 not the other way around

8. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

St8shuter,
    I hope to try one befor I buy. I really like my Kolar T/S but I think a high rib gun would fit my body type better. I have tried a Jones adjuster but it doesn't seem to work for me. I mount my Kolar with about 1" of pad above my shoulder. I shoot it real well that way but it's hard to consistently mount it in the same place. I'm hopeing the Guerini would solve this problum. John

9. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Johnpic, I recently purchased a Guerini Trap O/U from Bob Schultz, and it replaced a fixed-rib MX-8 that I was using for doubles. A couple of observations: it is a very "solid" feeling gun with an excellent trigger(for reference, I shoot a Ljutic for singles & h'cap..another very "solid" feeling gun). I have a bit of a long face and neck, and the Guerini fits me extremely well. A buddy of mine who shoots a KX-5 for singles feels that the comb is too high for him, even in the lowest setting. Third, if you like the balance of the Kolar, you will find this gun to be quite similar...the balance is a little biased towards the muzzle. I threw a few ounces of lead in the butt of the Guerini, and I have it balanced just where I want it. The fellow who says its "crap"...well, I wouldn't take him seriously. Definitely try one out and you be the judge. Good luck!

Rob M.

10. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thanks to everyone. John

11. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

when PFS include this make maybe I will get off my wallet ?

12. Lyle

Lyle Member

I have been interested in this gun for a long time. I purchased a used sporting Guerini and thought the recoil on that one was very excessive. Also, the barrels on the gun shot in different places. The bottom barrel shot 6 inches low at 32 yards while the top barrel shot 8 inches high at the same distance. I sent the gun back to the gentleman who sold it to me and he told me I was full of it. I said, "think what you will, but here is the address to send me a check, the gun is on its way back to you."
    I shot one round of trap doubles with it and shot a 76/100. I bought a Browning XT a couple weeks later and shot a 99/100 first time with it. The barrels shoot in the same spot on that one.

I really like the features the new trap combo Guerini has and surely hope that I had a lemmon and that the new guns shoot in the same spot. (on the Over/Under) Has anyone checked to see if they do??

Lyle

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

st8shuter, having spoken with Vern Brown at the Grand he had no intention of tooling for the Guerini. Do you have new information to the contrary? Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.