1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Caesar Guerini?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crunch, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunch

Crunch Member

What is the current wisdom on the Guerini trap guns? Are they well made and able to take on an active schedule? How aBout parts and service? Is there anything unique or unusual about these guns? I've seen them advertised but no one in our area has one....yet.
  2. mike c

mike c TS Member

i have a magnus combo i've shot for a few years now and love it. i did break an ejector and they had one to me the next day. Call Victoria at Guerini and she will tell you about their pit stop program which is also great. i liked mine so much i bought a skeet gun to match the combo.

Mike C
  3. cunninmp

cunninmp TS Member

I have a CG Maxum Combo that now has 30k+ through it.
    It's an unsingle. Love it.
    No problems at all. After shooting mine, 2 friends went out and bought
    one. One a Magnus Combo and the other a combo with top single.

Mike C.

Groveland, CA
  4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I've owned three Guerini's, a two barrel 28ga/20ga sporting, 32/30 trap combo and a 34" unsingle which I just sold. I started with the sporting which turned out be one my best purchases ever and then bought the trap single. I liked the single so well I bought a combo.

I think Guerini is the best value for a full featured trap gun available in today's market. Fit and Finish is on par with all the other Italian guns Perazzi included which I own several. Guerini is a customer driven company and listens to the market delivering what the target shooting community asks, form, function, quality, selection and great customer service. You can't go wrong with this brand.

Surfer
  5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I'm on my second CG. This one being an Apex Combo with about 25k through the unsingle and 15K through the O/U without a hiccup. Do plan on taking it in for a Pit Stop at the Grand. Can tell you that I am also seeing more CG's on the firing line. More than KX6's and Blazer's. For the money they are a great gun.

blade819
  6. Redcobra

Redcobra Member

I was a serious Beretta fan, but now have two CGs. A Challenger Impact and a Maxum trap unsingle. They fit me like a glove. B guns have been sitting in the safe.
  7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit trap combo with about 40k on it. Zero problems. It made me a believer in the CG guns that I bought 2 more. 12ga and 20 ga Magnus for sporting clay. I will buy a Impact soon, I just need to finger out the model I want.
  8. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I bought a CG Challenger Trap o/u and all I can say is that I love it. I have about 4K rounds through it and not a single problem. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.
  9. chipking

chipking TS Member

I am on my second CG Trap combo. My first was a Summit and it provided me above 40,000 trouble free rounds. I traded a MX-14 Combo for my second, a used Maxum trap combo, and I feel I got the best end of the deal. Between the first owner and myself there are probably 50,000 rounds on the Maxum. I had ONE problem with the Maxum that caused me to drop out of a event. A 20 minute repair and it was back as good as new for the next day. Sold my first CG to a friend and he and I still shoot together and he loves the gun.

--- Chip King ---
  10. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

Been shooting my Summit double for 3 years, no problems.
    A shooter at the club from out of state (hi Bob H.) used mine for a round of trap. He came back from the line, handed me the gun and said, Be back latter I'm going to get me one of those. Just happens that London Bridge Firearms is a Guerrini dealer and Bill was maore than happy to help out. Guerrini are sprouting like weeds at the club. No better value for the money.
  11. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 TS Member

I owned an unsingle Magnus. Never had a problem....one of the best trap guns I have owned. Probably the best value in "higher" end tap guns. Their service and support is outstanding.

JMHO

Jim C
  12. Slugo

Slugo TS Member

I doubt you will wear out a Guerini in your lifetime...
  13. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Was at the Pa shoot today, had Brian (of CG) check and service my Summit trap,no charge, didn't see any of the other manufacturers doing that,(just saying),for the money you ain't gonna beat a CG.
  14. JohnR

JohnR Member

Have 3 right now and have been very pleased with them. The Summit trap has the most rounds,30K to 40k or so and is still tight, I take them down to Guerini every year or 2 for a check up and they give them a good inspection and cleaning, so far no parts have been needed. This is done for no charge. Have heard of a few broken parts on high use guns such as ejectors, certainly no more than any other brand and Guerini has fixed them quick and free of charge. Target guns will break if you put enough rounds thru them,it's how the manufacturer stands behind them that counts.

Interested to see what they come out with over the next 5 years or so, the Fabarm XLR5 velocity is the first gun to come out since Guerini bought Fabarm a year or so ago and by all accounts is a hell of a gun.

JohnR
  15. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

How high can the unsingle be adjusted to shoot?
  16. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

From what I've been told,the unsingle can be set up to shoot about 110 percent high. For the definite answer would be to call them directly, great people to deal with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.