1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claykiller, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claykiller

claykiller Member

Look up historical threads you'll get all the garbage you want.

2. TrapperP2005

TrapperP2005 Member

havent heard anything bad about them.. i was going to get one a while ago but for some reason i just couldnt go through with it. its probably one of the better guns for the price NIB but, id rather go with a pre owned perazzi without a doubt. (which i do). since ive shot my perazzi,(3000 shells give or take) my scores have been a lot higher and consistent. the feel of a perazzi to me, is second to none.

this is only MHO though.

jordan

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have both Perazzi's and Guerini's, I like them both. I chose the Guerini becuase it's fully featured with all the improvements, adjustable rib, overbored barrel, long forcing cones,screw in chokes and adjustable comb. The Guerini points like a Perazzi and for me is a very soft shooter. I shoot a perazzi for games, another for sporting and the Guerini for program shoots. I also have a 32" two barrel 20/28 ga sporting clays gun which is a joy to shoot.

Guerini builds a great product and is a very, very good value when compared other upscale guns.

Surfer

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I've had both (MX2005 & Summit O/U) in last few years, 25k shells thru each. Perazzi is a Perazzi, there is a reason why there are more of them than any other brand at the Grand, at the Olympics. That said, the Guerini is great gun for the money, the company stands behind their product. I shot my Guerini better.

Dave Eberhart

5. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I just purchased a CG (Challenger Trap) and couldn't be happier, Have owned ljutics, Krieghoffs and brownings in the past. I have about 600 rounds in it now and I like it very much.

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

I've had all three plus several other brands and the Caesar Guerini just performs better for me so that is what I shoot.

--- Chip King ---

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

CG owners, top or unsingle works best for you?

8. maxumman

maxumman Member

I have a Caesar Guerini Challanger Impact 32" for sale 2011 gun fired a few times the reason I am selling it is because right after I bought the Challanger I bought a used CG Maxum Impact. The Challanger Impact is essentially new I put a 580 Graco on it and a Kickeez pad 1 1/4. I have a k-80 trap special but I love my Guerini's and would rate them high against the guns you have mentioned but when it comes to service not that I have ever needed it for any of my 4 Guerini's but its LIFETIME warranty and if anyone is interested in the gun inbox me for pics I hope this helped and buy a Guerini you'll love it.

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

Chango2 Top singles for me. I proved to myself over and over again (hummm isn't that the definition of insanity) that I could not be consistent with any un-single.

--- Chip King ---

10. Slugo

Slugo Member

they're very nice guns, but I wouldn't put them with the top guns. Good value and excellent service...

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have shot all 3 guns and ended up buying a Guerini Summit combo. The gun just felt good. Point well and my score went up the first day I shot the gun. Now 3 years later 30k + rounds no problems.
    The gun performed so well I bough two more Guerini's

12. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Guerini versus Kolar..............

I own both. I have a Kolar trap combo and shoot the unsingle.

I have a Guerini Magnus unsingle.

The Kolar is built like a tank. It is heavier than the Guerini.

Both have about the same felt recoil which is interesting because the Magnus is so much lighter.

I have found that the Guerini seems to allow me to have my head held higher and see the birds better. It also swings a lot faster.

Tipping point.... Guerini Customer Service should be the business model for all gun manufacturers. The people there are just unbelievable and you just cannot beat the free pit stops and life time guarantee.

13. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Slugo - how so? I had a K80 and found that my CG is almost as nice in fit and finish as the k80 was. I actually think the trigger on my CG is better than the the k80 was. Not sure what you consider top guns but I think they are in the same league as many, just not the same price.

14. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

They cost less!

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

They cost less!

Very customer friendly!

Joe

16. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

They cost less!

Very customer friendly!

Life time Warranty! With in reason. Not for damage due to misuse but they cover that sometimes.

Not finished as nice as a $15,000 gun but a very good value.

Did I mention Lifetime!

Joe

17. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Why in the world would anyone buy a k80, Perazzi, DT10, Kolar........ when you could swing by Walmart and get an 870. This way here you could have short forcing cones that everyone swears you need, standard bore barrel, the best choke tubes in the world. Then you can drive your 1992 truck and out shoot em all. Plus with the savings you can load up on old Milwaukee beer.

At the end of the day the NA sayers want the high grade guns they just can't afford them so they keep telling everyone including themselves higher grade guns are junk, but deep down inside they want that K80, Perazzi, Kolar, CG. Buy the dam gun and enjoy it along with life.

I have a CG Summit that I bring to south America twice a year for the last 6 years, what a true workhorse, 32" 20ga and 28ga barrels. That gun has well over 90K between the 2 sets of barrels. There such nice folks down there they met me at a local club down in MD to service it.

18. Coyote128

Coyote128 Member

I went through the same thought process a month ago getting feed back from CG owners. I got all positive feed back, so at that point i purchased my 14 year old son a unsingle Summit used. The afternoon of purchasing it i patterned it and then we shot 8 rounds he shot no worse then a 23 and 2 25's and they were his first 25 straights. This lead me to buy one for myself and i can't say enough positive things about CG. I recently owned a Beretta 682 Gold E and handled and shot all of the big 3 but found the CG to have better feel and swing to the bird.

Good Luck
    Steve

19. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I was the first at my club to have a CG trap...now there are about 20 very happy people with them.

However, two had fit issues -- they simpley did not work for them. Both were long time shooters with low rib guns and could never transition to the higher heads up style...

20. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Steve,
    You failed to mention how you shot yours.....:) I too continue to have good sucess with mine. The other night I shot 46 and a 47 with mine after a few weeks aways from the shooting. I am really starting to enjoy shooting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.