1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

caesar guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GOT A PAIR, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOT A PAIR

GOT A PAIR TS Member

What is the difference between the CG summit trap and the CG impact trap guns

Thanks Will

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The adjustments. Go to their web site you will see. Bill

3. t901

t901 Member

It's the rib height the summit has a higher rib, and the stock is just a little differnt to go with the lower rib.
    That is what I was told when I was looking at them Tuesday a very nice gun, I will be getting one soon I hope, just want to shoot them a few times.
    Todd

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Impact has the same POI as the Summit with a lower rib but has the same adjustability. I am wanting the Impact w/34" inch O/U BBLS, it willshoot a little over 100% was told it would make 120% but seeeing is believing.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longhshot

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

GAry is right. The stock and rib are larger on the Summit.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Occording to their website, IGC has a 34" Impact in stock. I never even saw that in the catalog.

ss

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Better way to phrase it is..... the Trap Summit's rib and stock are higher (taller)...not...larger. Other than that, they are identical. I picked the Impact Combo as my trap gun because I like the slightly lower rib.

8. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I have a new Summit and I just began setting it up when I sent the trigger in to the factory for conversion to a release but I can tell you a couple of interesting things.

First the summit will shoot real high if you want it to. This is my first adjustable rib gun. I always shot off the end of the barrel by raising the comb to accommodate my taste for height but no more. With this type of rib it is looking straight down the rib and I wouldn't be surprised if it was 120% high. I had to go up 3 detents from it's highest POI setting.

The other interesting thing to me were the chokes. The Summit comes with 5 chokes, full, light full, improved mod, mod and light mod. When they say full they mean full. I settled on the improved mod because I like a tight choke. It gave me what I was looking for (smoke) and a very nice pattern also.

Can't wait for the trigger to get back and really ring it out.

Best,

Mike Sudz

9. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I just got a call from CG that they had received my gun yesterday and put the release in and it is on the way back and this includes a day when the mail was closed for presidents day. so overall it will have been 6 days from my door back to my door. (Hello Berettta, Browning, etc.this is how it's done) Cost for the release was as promised and really they couldn't have been nicer to me.

I have got to tell you CG service is top cabin. I dealt with Wes and mostly a really incredible lady named Jenny Grist who if you need service or have questions give her a call. By the way you can register your CG online (that is cool) and they send you a surprise for doing so. (a nice one)

What a great experience.

Best,

Mike Sudz

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I never did get my surprise.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Impact only shoots 90/10 max with a fig 8 bead alignment. The trap grade shoots higher.

12. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Goose2 call up Jenny at CG if you registered online. I will bet she fixes that surprise.

Good news just got my receiver back as promised and the release is in. Looks like a good job. Can't wait to get out and shoot it. Enough with the snow and sleet and rain and cold already. For now it's down to the basement and work on the Terry Jordan wall chart.

Mike

13. Cuky

Cuky Member

How did you register yours shotgun online? I did not find that on Guerini website.

14. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Cuky here is the link www.gueriniusa.com when you get there go to contact us and product registration.

Mike

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I think their both great guns for the money. Having said that I would try to get a chance to shoot both of them. I like the impact's lower rib and it seems to point a bit better. I can live with seeing a bit of a gap between the beads if i need a higher shooting gun. (90%) should be high enough for most shooters. If you need a really high shooting gun you may need to add a pitched rib on top of the existing rib.
    Joe

16. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

A little update now that I have had the release trigger for a couple of weeks.

It is really nice. They do good work.

The rib on the Summit is a little higher but it really works good for seeing the bird. I am getting the hang of it and a dash of confidence is beginning to show up. I won't get too excited yet but it is really an incredible gun. I have never had breaks like this before. One second the target is there and the next it is literally gone. Awesome! Using improved mod choke which mic'd out to 25k. Bore is 735.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.