1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cuky, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuky

Cuky Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I just bought Summit unsingle and I would like to ask if you set your un-single barrel on sixth mark from the bottom what is the POI? Thank You.
  2. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Middletown, Indiana
    I have a 34" Caesar Guerini Magnus trap. After the purchase I ran the 34' unsingle rib all the way up (flat shooting) and counted the clicks going all the way down (high shooting) and counted 34 clicks total. I set the rib on 17 clicks down from the (flatest shooting) which is the middle of the 34 clicks.

I then tested for actual point-of-impact (POI). Using a figure-8 sight picture I shot the barrel at 13yds from sand bags and it shot 5.5 inches high. I shot it at a steel patterning plate from a rest at 30yds and it shoots a full pattern high (15") with about a 22" pattern width using the light full (LF) Caesar Guerini choke tube. I have shot the barrel in this configuration since February 2008 with no change.

This gun is a combo. I set my O/U barrels to shoot the same point-of-impact as the 34" unsingle.

You can tell I'm not much for 'marks'. I prefer 'clicks' so I can repeat if I need to backed up with actual testing.

Hope this helps you.

Michael Stephenson

Registered targets with this combo - Singles - 7,600 Handicap - 7,000 Doubles - 4,800
  3. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Jan 21, 2009
    I have a 34 Unsingle and a 34/32 Unsingle combo. I tried to set both up identically (comb, butte and barrel marks) and even though i was was very detailed in my measirements and settings -- i got different sight pictures and POIs.

After spending some time setting them to get the same sight picture/window, i patterned them (using the same LF choke) to get the same POI. To no surprise, both barrels are at different marks (3, 5), and one comb is 1/8 high while the other is 1/4" high. ...for the barrel adjustment I count clicks not marks.

Long way to say tha each SG is unique as is each fit is to the same person -- so the barrel mark settings will vary between SGs even with the same manufacturer and model.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini low poi unsingle rib

how do iset up my ceaser gurini impact

magnus trap unsingle point of impact