1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini VS. Kolar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshooter1981682, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooter1981682

trapshooter1981682 TS Member

How is the Maxum Guerini compare to a single barrel Kolar? Any pros or cons are apreciated.

2. HHS

HHS TS Member

It looks like CG could have a winner coming out of the gate, lot's of features, good looks, and a decent price. What they don't have yet is a reputation for dependability and long term factory service.
    We'll see what everyone thinks after a number of them have a few 100,000 rounds down the tube and what factory service is like 5 years from now.
    Kolar has these features too, along with known dependability and service. I think it will take CG a few years before we can really compare apples to apples.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

its more like carrots to apples at this point in time

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

I hope Guerini makes it in the trap arena, nice looking guns. The only things I've seen that I don't partcularly care for is they don't have removable trigger groups and they haven't perfected their release triggers. They do those two things and they will have a winner with their lifetime warranty for the original owner.

Steve

p.s. No, I will not be giving-up my Kolar.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

PS- Ithaca had a lifetime warranty for their model 51

Lifetime warranty may or may not mean anything

Gene

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

I do not understand CG making the move to building trap guns.

The market is shrinking (Trap is dying). The gun is too high priced as an "entry level" gun and offers little for the "high end" market as there are a lot (and there will be more) high end trap guns being sold by people leaving the sport.

You can get an excellent used K or P gun for the cost of a new CG. You will likely not lose much if anything on the used guns, and they are "proven".

I am looking far another used K-80 to pair up with the one I acquired last year. The CG SEEMS to be a nice gun - the K-80 gun IS a nice gun. For me it is a no-brainer.

JMHO

Don

7. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

trap is dying?

38-01615

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Our household has both. Have had dealings with the folks at CG USA. All first class. My wife has been shooting her CG since the Grand and to this point the gun has had no problems aside from being pointed in the wrong place. OOPs don't tell the wife. Seriously, very nice gun, good people to work with. Jake Jacobs

9. acre44

acre44 Member

Give me the CG.

10. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

It doesn't compare well. Buy the Kolar.

11. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Is it that trap is shrinking or is it that there is so much more in the world that is a lot of fun & demands more of our limited $$$ & time.
    Personally,I would go with the Krieghoff rather than the Kolar. I just think that there is a bit better quality & feel there.
    OOOOOO!!!!! That ought to start something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini vs kolar