1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Caesar Guerini Un-single Just Got it Back

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I bought the Summit Caesar Guerini Un-single trap gun Saturday at the Ohio State shoot and took it directly to have a release trigger installed, I got it back
    last Saturday but too late to shoot it, Saturday, So I went shooting Sunday, Shot it pretty good but when I got home I cut the stock to my dimensions and put it at ZERO pitch, it had a lot of down pitch.

The gun has beautiful wood on it, not like the ones pictured in Trap and Field.

.735 bore with long forcing cones, long choke tubes, I will be checking out the point of impact Tuesday. I will be shooting it at TRI-CTY Gun Club at the big buddy shoot.

Will keep you posted on performance.

Dr.longshot

2. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Who put the release init? And how much extra did it cost? The reason that I am asking, is that I am thinking of buying one of the O/U for doubles.

Thanks, George Olsen

3. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

4. Dr.Longshot

Where do you live? The gunsmith I use is Thurman Gobel, he is here in Ohio, he wants me to shoot it for a while and see how it does.

I shot it in Kentucky at Tri-City and the first 25 I shot from the 27 yard line I only missed one and that one I short shot. I really like the gun, believe it or not the gun is lighter than the Kolar and the recoil is very soft, I owned 2 of the Kolar T/S Un single and I belive their is less recoil,

Everybody wanted to look at it, and were very impressed with the way I shot it, the breaks were very hard and centered.

It will shoot as high or higher than the Kreighoff K-80 Special. Workmanship isImmaculate, comes with 3 choke tubes Full-Imp Mod & Mod. The point of impact adjustment is a very nice design, I believe better than Kolar or Kreighoff.

The comb adjustment is very unique, you don't need to get longer posts, just take the adjustment screw out of the top of the post and renove the small wire clip, and put your shims over the post and slide the adjusters back over the posts, as they clamp around the posts, you will need longer set screws for the height adjustment and they are 5 mm, I bought them at hardware store. Get ones that are about 1/4 inch longer.

E-mail me for Thurman's phone number for your new gun.
    Spears also installs release for the Caesar Guerini.

Remember the shells will not eject, only will be raised up when opening the Bbl
    the ejector rods are in the way of the release hooks and have to be removed.
    That does not bother me.

Why pay more for a K-80 Special when you can get one for $4495 Un-single and a combo for $6495 some dealers are selling them for a little less that for the Summit. You absolutely will LOVE this gun.

Dr.longshot

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Gary, I'll be interested in your pattern results. The guns looked so good at the Great Lakes Grand I wonder if they can shoot as well (right/left) as they promise to by their appearance.

Neil

6. Dr.Longshot

Neil I have not put it on paper yet, but by shooting it I am getting very good target breaks and centering the targets very well, recoil is almost unbelieveable, very soft shooting, points very very good, I cut the stock to zero pitch and 14 1/8th inch LOP w/ Kickeze pad, it came with a lot of downpitch
    just getting it to zero, put the cut at 14 1/8th LOP, The most amazing thing is the Adjustable Comb for height, it utilizes a clamping system, you remove the spring clips and then add spacers over the pins and you get the extra height without replacing pins.

This gun is really going to have terrific sales for the quality and competetive
    shooting ability, $2,000 dollars cheaper than Kolar T/S.

I am extremely satisfied with the gun in all aspects, you should try one.

Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.